PDA

View Full Version : FAO 2Live

Swervin_Mervin
15-03-2005, 17:11
What power's yours putting out d'you reckon?

And what mods have you had done please.

VIPERONE
15-03-2005, 18:55
i'll post on his behalf.. until he comes and updates...

2.0l megane bottom end.
williams head, tripple edge valves,+ cams ecu remap by Chipwizards inc upped limiter to 7.1k
avo coilovers.

14.01 14/mile....

Swervin_Mervin
15-03-2005, 18:56
Not overly modded then. Cool. Has anyone yet worked out why it's so feckin fast?

J o n
15-03-2005, 19:00
it's fast due to driver, Jon getting in any car add's an extra 100bhp straight away!

VIPERONE
15-03-2005, 19:03
the chip wizars remap ..

this is a proven mod... and the route i will be takin..
the mods which 2live has are proven on the road, on the 1/4 mile and the rolling road...

Winston
15-03-2005, 19:04
Amen!!!!

Swervin_Mervin
15-03-2005, 19:04
How I wish I didn't have to wait so sodding long to do the mods I want to do.

J o n
15-03-2005, 19:36
well, mine should hopefully be at a similar spec very soon, hopefully will be able to get mine mapped now too :lol:

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 19:43
Chip Wizard Schip Schwizard :D

Martin
15-03-2005, 19:44
When is your car due back then Jesus..what cams are you having too? Chipwizard gonna sort it once you have it back.?

I don't think anyones entirely sure why Jon's car is so feckin' quick personally I think the New Megane btm end has got to be a great base to start with...compared to a 10 yr old 70-100k lump....

VIPERONE
15-03-2005, 19:45
:-D my meg btm end had 45k on it :-)
lol.
so does the top end..hehe

Martin
15-03-2005, 19:59
Whens it going in the car then Gunner? Don't want you riding shotgun on all these meets! :wink:

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 19:59
Im waiting for Gunner to turn up in a paddy wagon

VIPERONE
15-03-2005, 20:26
lol...
dint be silly stromba... :-D
that'd be a good photoshop...

-Martin-
I envisage that my car will be ready May/June.. I pick my refurbished wheels this week.. so i'll have 6 mint willy alloys. and 2 that are for sale.
I have got cams also in the postal system... piper race cams..
im definately using the superior megane 2.0l head in the conversion..and as Chipwizards lives literally up the road i'll be entertaining his remap ;-).

after inspecting the meg head, machining it wont be a problem.. tbh i reckon it could even be dremelled out..lol.
i'll be checking the inlet manifolds, as i believe an air sensor needs to be tapped in, unless i decide to use a valve intake fanimold.
coupled with a valver exhaust manifold+ remap+cams the torque levels should be in xs of 200+ Nm ( meg engine with head produces 185Nm or torque) 1/4 mile wise im unsure as i'll be using the megane gearbox.. untill ive worked out the gearing ratios dunno what'll be like.
top speed wise.... I think it will be a high speed beast... im going to take a risk and go for 7.5 red line... if it goes bang fiar enough.. i know wheres theres another few meg 2.0l...lol...
anyway the fun will be in the building :-)...oh and of course the driving.

Winston
15-03-2005, 20:31
Is the anything that you can't do with a dremel gibbo lol

Martin
15-03-2005, 20:34
lol...

-Martin-
I envisage that my car will be ready May/June.. I pick my refurbished wheels this week.. so i'll have 6 mint willy alloys. and 2 that are for sale.
im definately using the superior megane 2.0l head in the conversion..and as Chipwizards lives literally up the road i'll be entertaining his remap ;-).

after inspecting the meg head, machining it wont be a problem.. tbh i reckon it could even be dremelled out..lol.
i'll be checking the inlet manifolds, as i believe an air sensor needs to be tapped in, unless i decide to use a valve intake fanimold.
coupled with a valver exhaust manifold+ remap+cams the torque levels should be in xs of 200+ Nm ( meg engine with head produces 185Nm or torque) 1/4 mile wise im unsure as i'll be using the megane gearbox.. untill ive worked out the gearing ratios dunno what'll be like.
top speed wise.... I think it will be a high speed beast... im going to take a risk and go for 7.5 red line... if it goes bang fiar enough.. i know wheres theres another few meg 2.0l...lol...

So it'll be a bit tasty then!? LOL

VIPERONE
15-03-2005, 20:39
dunno... it'll be trail and error.
cams are valver piper fast road cams... but...we will see..lool
looking forward to it ....

Winston
15-03-2005, 20:41
Another Hybrid developments.....garden engine swap 8) , It's going to be a beast, I better get stripping :wink:

Martin
15-03-2005, 20:42
Yeah look forward to seeing it :D ...hope it's not too quick though :wink:

VIPERONE
15-03-2005, 20:43
ohhh no no keep your clothes on...

yes it'll be another garden conversion...lol.. we need to arrange a tent , lighting ..tools i have...hehe

scotte666
15-03-2005, 21:08
winston Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the anything that you can't do with a dremel gibbo lol

hammer?lol

VIPERONE
15-03-2005, 21:27
"cuts the top of the nail off"

scotte666
15-03-2005, 21:28
but u still ned to drive it in a certain amount

2 live
15-03-2005, 21:58
well gibbers got the mods about bang on......but he missed the magnecore leads off lol...120 bhp these babies add lol
so yeah fairly minimal mods.......lots of work can be done if needed

as for y its so quick.......????????? ..... i dunno, cant be the rebuild cos the original engine/box was nearly as freakishly fast.....and personally i wouldnt say its me as driver either..... must just be the original paintwork that cuts thru the air like a knife .......or summat lol

Swervin_Mervin
16-03-2005, 11:25
It's secretly entirely carbon fibre panelled? :)

Looking forward to seeing gunners. I want to pick the best route when I change in probably 15months time, so I'll let you guys do all the development work first!

northy
16-03-2005, 11:29
i'll post on his behalf.. until he comes and updates...

2.0l megane bottom end.
williams head, tripple edge valves,+ cams ecu remap by Chipwizards inc upped limiter to 7.1k
Blueflame cat back exhaust
avo coilovers.

14.01 14/mile....

:shock:

FlamingMonkey
16-03-2005, 11:33
haha

2 live
16-03-2005, 11:43
pah............only proven products on my car i thank you hehe

u33db
16-03-2005, 12:27
underdrive pulleys?

2 live
16-03-2005, 14:57
nope........not yet lol

VIPERONE
16-03-2005, 18:19
Blue flame!

i used to have that vid.. they used to light each others farts during sex!

stan
16-03-2005, 22:15
lol...

-Martin-

LOL at "intake fanimold"!!!!

How u gonna fit the 1.8 manifold to the meg head??!! its a different set-up. u EITHER use the 1.8 head+manifold OR the meg head+manifold.
As for dremmeling it out.......it would take a die-grinder and an end-cut bur. I had a dabble on mine first, but it wasnt easy...and im handy with this tool!! hence why i got it machined.

If u want, we can arrange for u to send me the head and manifold, and i can prepare them for u. I can even port the head for u if u want?!

VIPERONE
17-03-2005, 08:12
oki koki... stan i'll liase with you over MSN... :-D...