PDA

View Full Version : Valver vs Golf VR6???

Andyvalver
03-01-2006, 11:29
Was turning left at an island on to the dc when a golf came flying over the island to go up the same dc. I entered just before the golf so i gave it some beans to see if i could keep it behind me. Anyway, 3rd gear he pulled level with me quite easily and he held it there whilst waving at me to go for it lol. I was going for it though, we was doing about a ton by now and i waved back to him as if to say go on then. He then put his foot down and pulled about 5 car lengths to 120 :shock: He had a full car too :shock: I think it was a Vr6 but im not sure, no Gti would beat a valver that easily if at all. I have no idea if it was stanard either. Driver looked about my age but a bit of a cunt :roll: lol

Golf 1
Valver 0
:roll:

JayR
03-01-2006, 11:40
Lol@pulled level and waving, cockface!!!

Cantve been standard though mate, i reaced a mk3 vr6 when i just got my valver ( still 1.8 ) and it very very slowly got past at a ton and i also had 17's on at the time aswell!!!

Andyvalver
03-01-2006, 11:44
It was very fast i know that. Pulled like a train with 4 people in it. think it was mk3 about j reg, that sort of age anyway.

Is mk4 the gti turbo? If so then it was a mk3 lol.

Zollo
03-01-2006, 11:56
Yeah, it would have been a Mk3 Golf. Perhaps it was a supercharged or turbo'd VR6. Can get 300bhp from one pretty easy that way. :twisted:

Chris n`nic
03-01-2006, 12:12
Over 100 I would imagine it would be much quicker tbh m8...thats were they do quite well (where the weight isn`t as much of a issue)

Chris

Zollo
03-01-2006, 12:15
Yeah, but drawing level at 100, waving, then flooring it and pulling 5 lengths pretty instantly? And four-up? That's no standard VR6.

Andyvalver
03-01-2006, 12:18
Yeah i thought that too. Although the guy was quite cocky so maybe he knows he's got some more power under the bonnet. I think from a standing start it probably would of pulled on me. The guy waited next to me, edging forward and back again the hole way through 3rd lol then ****ed off lol.

Just looking round and the vr6 does the 1/4 in 15.4. With a full car though he shouldnt of been able to pull on me through 3rd gear that easily.

J o n
03-01-2006, 12:40
deffo modified, as I had a do with one over a year ago with Griff and another mate in the car, the VR6 driver just had his bird in and he was already gunning it past when I gave chase. I was ALL over it to 130, backing off constantly... he never moved over or owt, so let him get on with it... that once has to be heavily modified to be able to take the piss so much... especially with a full car :shock:

Zollo
03-01-2006, 12:43
I had a go against one in my sister's standard 106 GTi up to 110 and it was very even. My guess is it's turbo'd. Sounds fookin' quick :shock:

Dan_mk1
03-01-2006, 14:56
You can get supercharger conversions for around the 3k mark for em which IIRC takes em to about 210/220bhp and simalar torque. They're no quicker than a valver standard for standard (I was gonna chop the 16v in for one) although a supercharged one would be a different story!

BigBoreBri
03-01-2006, 19:15
Vr's can be a mixed bag... good un's go well n bad uns just drink fuel! :lol:

Had a gud play with my VW buddies n the williams compares quite well but there's still no replacement for displacement! In gear they stick quite close to each other but the change to 5th will always give the VR some room to breath...

I know a guy with a turbo'd MK3 VR running close to 300BHP on FWD, OMG does it shift!!! 8)

Gav
03-01-2006, 19:47
valver looks better tho mate no worry not :D

Andyvalver
03-01-2006, 20:28
Lol yeah. Dunno what engine work it had, if any. Blew me away though with a full car. :cry: lol

Lunner
03-01-2006, 20:45
I've raced side by side with a mk3 golf with a vr6 badge on the back, over took him at 20, and he booted it when i got alongside, was pulling slowley through 2nd, and then i fudged my gearchange to 3rd, and dropped back, but i was on teh wrong side of the road approaching a corner so me backed off and let me in, then he tried to keep up with me, but didn't have the balls to take the cortners as fast as me :lol:

2 live
04-01-2006, 10:52
vr6s 100+ are where they really comin into their own tbh. my mate used to have a mk3 1 and me other mate had a mk4.

the mk3 came to the r/r day at nobles years ago, pretty much annihilated him on the mway....from standstill...get to cruisin speed and id struggle a bit, then watch helplessly as i bounced off the limiter as he came sailing past lol. mind u....75 in 2nd with 1 or 4 ppl in...near enuff lol...was a quick un that

i remember tryin to have a do with a few golfs on the way into york once lol...think i had mehdi and adi behind me....cudda bin nasty lol

JayR
04-01-2006, 14:12
valver looks better tho mate no worry not :D

I could honestly say a late mk3 one could nudge mine out the way if it had a good engine.........Very nice looking imo!!!

Daz.
04-01-2006, 22:38
I like em a lot! can't stand the interior but apart from that i'd have had one if I didn't love mk1 clio's so much...

I'd still have one as a daily actually hmm...

3k you say for a supercharger? :twisted:

2 live
05-01-2006, 12:23
apparently the best way to get more speed out of em is to stick a 6 spd box in, aids acc as well as top end.

interiors on em are fukkin horrible tho, the mate with the mk3 had the leather in, colour concept or summat....always slidin around in em as soon as u think about goin round a bend...mk4 has leather too.havent tested that 1 out yet tho lol

richy
05-01-2006, 21:38
the vr6 engine is a pretty good motor, lad i use to work with few year back owned one, was pretty rapid and kept going well into triple numbers! dont know if it was std tho, all i remember seeing done was a air filter

Martin
05-01-2006, 21:41
vr6's are horribly shit on the 1/4 mile run high 15s from what I've seen

richy
05-01-2006, 21:55
yes the engine was wasted on that car lol could of chose a better one!

2 live
06-01-2006, 10:27
vr6's are horribly s**t on the 1/4 mile run high 15s from what I've seen

yep they are mate...but lets be honest....which goilfs are quick?? lol

only 1 iv raced that impressed me was the green mk1 20v turbo 4wd audi quattro powered 1...that was more impressive than the twin vr6 engined dubsport thing....the latter just gripped and held a gap...the former..gripped then jus fukt off lol