PDA

View Full Version : PSP bolt removal!

Coops
02-01-2006, 21:43
okay, the psp i got from winston has a stripped bolt in it, so far i've drilled the head of and got the pulley off the pump, and flushed whats left of the bolt down, cudnt get the mole grips on it so am drillin it out! thing is its not going so well!anyone got any ideas?!!do you need all three?i'd guess so n probs feel bit unsafe drivin without the last one in place!

Cheers

Coops

oh ai, quick pic!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/The%20Restoration/P1020019.jpg

Anders
03-01-2006, 09:12
You could always try the stud removal bits available from any good tool shop.

Try soacking it in lube first, or just apply a little bit of heat to it. Failing that you will have to drill it out and then just re-tap the thread, maybe to a bigger size.

Looks like you have an aluminium bolt in a steel component. Not the best as this has probably caused you the problem with bi-metallic reactions.

Shouldn't cause a problem though, by trying the above. Next time either use good grease or steel fixings too.

Coops
03-01-2006, 23:25
next time?! not like i assembled the car!!!thats renaults fault not mine!!! :lol:

i'll get it sorted sum how!!

Anders
04-01-2006, 08:58
Wasn't suggesting it was your fault buddy. Just refering to the 'next' time it gets rebuilt.

northy
04-01-2006, 09:22
if the hole you have drilled is central - just work your way up with the drill bits until the thread breaks away from the housing.

You could try welding a nut to the stud and undo'in it that way ??