PDA

View Full Version : my willy alloys

ian711
02-01-2006, 15:05
some tw*t has hit my wheels with something while it was in a car park and chipped away some of the gold paint, just a bit smaller than a 5p piece. is there any thing i can put on it to try and slow down the process of all the paint flaking off around it??

was thinking maybe just putting some lacquer on it??

cheers

Gav
02-01-2006, 15:24
that shud do it dude

or pay 40 and get it refurbed

ian711
02-01-2006, 18:00
can antone recommend somewhere for wheel refurbs down south in the surrey/hampshire area??

have enquired at a few places but they said they wouldnt be able to do the polished rim...

Fatwilly
02-01-2006, 18:22
Not that it helps you...but locally [Aviemore] sprayer /coachbuilder is taking my wheels off and sending them to a place in Aberdeen for bead blasting and then powder coating...he reckons they can only take 40 thou off the rims for diamond cut. But what he recommended if the rims cant be done is to have the wheels done in gold [as we expect] but to have the rims done in a chrome paint finish with some hard laquer on top.

Managed to get a spare wheel from ebay a few months ago...so all five wheels are off this week for refurbish...and my rocker box too to be done in the same gold finish...should look the dogz bollox in 2 weeks.

Hope 2006 is a good year for you all

Fred
03-01-2006, 07:29
i've seen that done, the rims painted chrome, its a half arsed job, and looks crap!!

Andy
03-01-2006, 08:30
it is the speedline issue dont think anyone can ever get em perfect fred is the only one who can get close i no of

Fred
03-01-2006, 08:48
don't say that, people will slag me off again!!!

katbloke
03-01-2006, 18:56
if its of any consalation fred id be more than happy to have you do mine, you bought that house in Devon yet? :)

Fatwilly
04-01-2006, 16:37
Fred..I take your point about the chrome paint finish on the rims...but if there has been some corrosion on the rims...and mine came like that...then there may not be enough rim left to have the correct finish....options..new ones or have them all gold or gold with chrome rim.

Ideally I would prefer the correct finish....but is down to money at the end of the day.

Thanks for you comments.
Bill

Fred
04-01-2006, 21:02
it still can be done properly