PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Rear light earths

mattyc
30-12-2005, 18:43
Alright,

my old clio 1.2 is unexpectedly being sold on tuesday and i need to urgently know where the earthpoints are that could cause probs? basicly i am getting the number plate late, brake lights etc flashing when im indicating. when i brake the indicator stops flashing and lots of other little problems.

please help! lol

arj256
30-12-2005, 20:48
The earths for the lights are behind the rear lights themselves you can see where its screwed into.
I had this problem on my 1.2 tryed the earths changed the bulb holders and changed all of the bulbs and it kinda sorted it out.
Check that the bulbs are allright as well, as some of mine had corroded which i dont think would of helped things.

mattyc
30-12-2005, 21:24
Cheers m8, gotta get this all done in the day tommorow as its my only chance lol, really hope it helps! :O what did you do for the earths, just sand down the paintwork a little and make sure it was on tight?

arj256
31-12-2005, 03:20
Yeah basically that, my earths where allright.
Just sand them down and make sure the bolt is getting good contact.
Check that the lights are well sealed as i had a light which wasnt as well sealed which i recon led to the light problems.

tricky
04-01-2006, 09:45
I had the funniest problem on my R5 turbo.

The two filaments inside the stop and tail had become fused together. Everytime the brake was applied, the headlights and dashlights came on. Man I got some funny looks that day. Cant understand how it didn't blow a fuse or the brake switch to be honest lol