PDA

View Full Version : hill power stage 2

bigjim
29-12-2005, 21:50
reading up on the stage 2 conversion, head and cams and pulleys with chip. it says the head is exchange, does this mean they have fully worked heads in stock ready to be fitted? just because im looking into getting head and cams but cant be without my car for ages waiting on my head being worked. cheers.

Dancliovalver
29-12-2005, 22:37
it took a few weeks for nick to do my car matey, but believe me its well worth the wait, fast, reliable power!!!

MatBrown
30-12-2005, 01:24
Sometimes he has them in stock.
I think the reason he says its exchange is so that he gets to keep your head for the next customer.

Mat.

J o n
30-12-2005, 13:07
no point getting head work on a Williams unless your getting TB's, all the experts I have spoken to and the results I have seen would suggest it's a waste of time and money on these cars. Cams and remap will give you what you need tho ;)

bigjim
30-12-2005, 15:23
nice one looks like cams and pulleys and remap it is then. do u reckon with these mods and a filter, exhaust and decat that 180bhp would be a fair estimate?

stew
30-12-2005, 16:13
yepo. depends what angle of cams ur going for? and previous state of tune of the engine!

bigjim
30-12-2005, 16:36
awt cams 263 degrees iirc. car has hillpower stage one at the moment

stew
30-12-2005, 18:41
nana is on 260deg kent cams IIRC (craig, martin or gaz will conform) and produces 179BHP IRRC.

I'm hoping for 185-190BHP with piper 276deg cams, Chris_H's headwork, and Dastek ECU!

jay s
30-12-2005, 18:58
nice one looks like cams and pulleys and remap it is then. do u reckon with these mods and a filter, exhaust and decat that 180bhp would be a fair estimate?

ive got all the above done m8 and car made 145bhp atw which imo is around the 170bhp at the fly. i had a viper on at the time but have now got std airbox on with itg filter on which has probley put a few more horses under the bonnet :D afaik these r the same cams ive got http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detProd.asp?ProductCode=RW16VBP270H-BL&PID=318482 all work done at hillpower :D

Martin
30-12-2005, 19:14

TBH I'd be more interested on how the car compares with other willys ( Ooo,err) or how fast it does 0-100/ 1/4 mile than how much power it makes on paper. I've owned two 2l clios that were both supposedly 140 bhp atw but one was in a totally different league to the other!

If you have a strong engine to begin with cams& remap WILL make your car go even quicker as it will with a weaker engine just don't expect a night & day difference. Some cammed clios will still be slower than the better engines on stnd cams/map.

jay s
30-12-2005, 19:56
exactly why im going to go to the mk1 vs mk2 day :D want to see how mine compares to others. i just use the above figs as an indication. to me my car seems to pull very well in any gear and ive got a bootful of heavy ice and 17's. just seems to have endless amounts of torque which my 1.8 did'nt have :(

malbon
31-12-2005, 00:11
how much is a stage 2 with all these bits ?

Martin
31-12-2005, 02:01
exactly why im going to go to the mk1 vs mk2 day :D want to see how mine compares to others. i just use the above figs as an indication. to me my car seems to pull very well in any gear and ive got a bootful of heavy ice and 17's. just seems to have endless amounts of torque which my 1.8 did'nt have :(

Hope you don't have to buy a new car to put your engine in fella!! :(

jay s
31-12-2005, 03:04
nor do i, whatever happens i still want to make the meet and i need the car for work so hopefully should be sorted quickly... how time has changed since i posted that eariler message. lol

richy
31-12-2005, 15:38
of course headwork will make a difference, from what i was told the williams head isnt great for trying to work on due to oversized ports or something! and the fact the valves are quite small as std dont help to, using a 1.8 cyl head is better to work with, also having larger valves fitted will help, combine that with cams and a good remap and correct timing of cams should make a fair bit of power, the nana has proved with cams and remap alone can make a difference, but having a properly flowed/ported head with bigger valves should always help increase bhp/torque