PDA

View Full Version : Drink driving over the festive season...

Tommo
28-12-2005, 21:28
A mate of mine got done for drink driving last week, this was on the way to work in the morning after a night out. He had 40mg of alcohol in his breath (5mg over the limit). He is facing a 12 month ban and a hefty fine. Worse still his work relies totally on his work van as he installs heating systems all over the North West, and his daughter lives 30 miles away who he sees every weekend, so he's pretty much screwed for not 'thinking' and assuming he would be ok to drive.

Just a word of warning to anybody travelling to work after a night out, don't drive, get a train if you are able to, ring in sick or go in later...

Zollo
28-12-2005, 21:34
That absolutely sucks when it happens in those circumstances. Although drink driving is not good whatever, I really think they should down grade the punishment under certain circumstances. Or at least have a grading system dependant on the severity of the levels of alcohol.

I feel for your mate :(

NickFr
28-12-2005, 23:34
I agree with Zollo to a certain degree, being done the next morning could perhaps be viewed a little differently and the punishment given downgraded slightly. I am a little surprised that more people are not aware of how long alcohol takes to leave the system. Tommo it's hard not to feel for your mate, however he must of have drunk some to still be over the limit the next morning :shock:

Mooseman
29-12-2005, 13:43
In the same argument as speeding, I agree a penalty under certain circumstances should be enforced. its a very different animal drink driving at night straight after having a skinful, to waking up, feeling groggy but ok and getting on with your day. obviously people should be aware though. its such a shafting, has happened to two of my mates - lucky for them they did not rely on their cars too much.

Gav
29-12-2005, 17:22
feel sorry he is gonna [might] lose his job....but, u feel drunk if ur drunk n he must of felt it..

if im drivin the nxt day i dont drink as much

2 live
29-12-2005, 18:44
moral of the story....get fukt up on drugs instead of gettin pissed........hehe

sorry.......no sympathy with him tbh...same as speedin.u take the punishment as u took the risk....quietly, or flat out lol

Tommo
30-12-2005, 18:54
He's got a court hearing soon so won't know if he will lose his job until then. The police said they might take into account that he was just over the limit and his job relies on driving a van so they might give him a load of points and a big fine. If he does get banned he will lose his job so I hope they go easy on him.

Yup I agree 2live, he took the risk and got caught, just feel a bit sorry for him as he was unaware and said he felt ok. He was just a guy trying to get to work to earn a living and didn't think, and I'm sure most of us have done it at sometime. He won't be doing it again anyway!!

VIPERONE
30-12-2005, 20:16
getting caught with drugs in the system have simlar penalties in the court of law.
section 4 of the road traffic act: drink or drugs.

a doctor has to come and carry out a professional sobriety/drug test.

Craig
31-12-2005, 01:26
my friend got stopped and was 2.5 x over the limit! (cock end yes!!!)

police got an emergency call and had to leave him apparently, 10 mins later he hit a tree at 50mph!

Zollo
31-12-2005, 01:40
my friend got stopped and was 2.5 x over the limit! (cock end yes!!!)

police got an emergency call and had to leave him apparently, 10 mins later he hit a tree at 50mph!

:shock: :roll: