PDA

View Full Version : section 49 or 59 of road traffic act. help !!!!

rochdale_williams
26-12-2005, 14:59
got myslef into a spot of bother. was driving home the other night and saw some blue lights in the distance. slowed and moved over to let them pass. but they pulled in behind me. the police were slightly pissed off and told me they had to do 90 to catch me up :twisted: . as they weren't a traffic car they said i was going to escape points, ban, punishment bumming or whatever they hand out over christmas. but told me they had put intelligence on my cars number plate so if i get caught again they would sieze my car and crush it. can they do this? pretty much whenever i drive past a copper it will flash up i'm on the 'crush' list. anything i can do. thought about getting some private plates
:wink:

FATBOY
26-12-2005, 15:06
best bet mate is pm gunnergibson he may be able to shed more light on it!

Jamie.
26-12-2005, 15:52
that sounds more like a vendetta to me. and a bit dodgy

Jimbob
26-12-2005, 17:11
The police have a power to sieze a vehicle now under a section (think it is 59) of the Road Traffic Act if a vehilce is persistantly being driven in a 'anti social manner'. It was brought in to combat boy racer style antics (mainly meets etc where they all drive like tossers). However, to seize a car under sec 59 they have to have firstly given you a written notice, or at least post a copy to you if they cant give it you roadside. It is then placed on PNC as having been issued, so if the car is caught in like circumstances the car can be seized, even if its a different driver! Usually the payment of a fine (about £150 or so) will see the release of the car. They will only crush it if the fine isnt paid. I wouldnt worry unless they have given you the written notice...

Gav
26-12-2005, 17:47
90 tho lol...good man!

rochdale_williams
26-12-2005, 22:42
won't condone what i did but it was 2am and clear roads. i have no idea what speed i was doing but it was silly. you go off the revs at that speed.

dan-hipgrave
27-12-2005, 12:53
lol i got given a section 59 when in one of my old Novas, was leaving a meet and wheelspun a little, copper pulled me up, yelled at me, threatened to crush my car, the works!!! Most young drivers i know have got one for something....

VIPERONE
27-12-2005, 13:08
yup jim bobs quite correct.
anti social driving consists of:

loud exhaust systems
excessive revving
honking the horn irratically/uneccessarily
wheel spinning
hand brake turns
playing loud music ( subs etc which can be heard out of the car- and down the road)
burn outs.
the list is endless..

the officer first has to warn you and the warning will be put against the vehicle registration on pnc and local systems.
if you are caught offending again then the police have a power to seize the car.

lewis_willy2
27-12-2005, 14:35
:shock: