PDA

View Full Version : Happy - pissing - christmas!

stew
25-12-2005, 16:54
Had to move the car this morning so the relatives could park at the door of the house. We have a parking area at the bottom of the drive, so shifted mums, dads and my car down there. Its a bit uneven and did wonder if the clio would be ok! Anyway reversing back slowly, and....grind....then pisssss. ****ing fuel line has broken! Wish i had never moved it now! Anyway didnt have a good look, parked elswhere, and now away to start drinking to drown my sorrow. Gives me something to do tomorrow!

Are the fuel lines flexi or solid? How easy will this be to fix?

Cheers.

Lunner
25-12-2005, 17:23
Flexi

If its the feed t the engine it will be piss easy, if not if its the return it will be a cunt and a half.

If its the feed you simply replace teh line from teh joiner under the pedals to the fuel filter, if its the return then you need to get to the line end on teh top of the tank....which means dropping teh tank, or joining the line by teh tank

neilc
26-12-2005, 14:12
Could even be the fuel filter ??

stew
26-12-2005, 16:45
all fixed. cant beat working on your car in the rain on boxing day! grrrrrr!

replaced the flexi pipe - it was the feed lunner (thanks!) - with 8mm copper radiator piping. seems fine. will need to order a new pipe soon. shouldnt harm to use copper pipe though?

Lunner
26-12-2005, 16:50
Would ahve thought it would be ok, might be worth replacing that line with braided tack, stop it happening again

stew
26-12-2005, 17:40
yeah good thinking lunner.

Am seroiously looking at (for a summer project obviously) putting all brake and fuel lines internal. Car is eventually (2 or 3 years time) going to be a full on track weapon, so its something that is needed doing! Along with a full custom cage i am going to make, internal fuel cell (like the nana), custom dash, and serious engine work (in the summer as well).

Its weird coz ive never had a problem with anything scraping before (even the zorst is fine usually), it must have just been the way i was trying to park it on the rough ground.

We have buildiers putting an extension on our house, and i think an edge of chipboard sheet caught it and pushed it hard against the securing screw to that plastic thing that holdsz the fuel lines in place under the drivers side, puncturing it. Hard to explain! 8) :wink:

Lunner
26-12-2005, 21:23
I was gonna run mine through teh car, but teh problem is there is a mass of lines above teh tank, goign to the reserve etc