PDA

View Full Version : Possible engine sale

Dancliovalver
22-12-2005, 12:30
ok im in 2 minds on wether to sell my engine now as im getting a 2.0LTR in the new year,
the spec is

1.8 16V
port, polished, gas-flowed cylinder head
piper fast road cams
vernier pulleys
cams set for top end performance
stage 2 chip
uprated gaskets
cam belt was done just over a year ago
standard bottom end
blue hillpower rocker cover

all the work was carried out by Nick at hillpower with all reciept to prove the work has been carried out
the engine is on 101K but still runs perfect, as smooth as the day it left the renault factory lol!!

wat sort of price would people pay for this sort of engine??
cheers guys
Dan

dannyt
22-12-2005, 12:46
has it been rolling roaded fella, if so whats the print out say?

also how much did all the work cost?

Cheers

Danny

Dancliovalver
22-12-2005, 12:57
well IIRC it reached 122BHP ATW but i dont have the printout lost it somewhere
the Reciept i have for the cylinder head conversion says £1550

sorry forgot to mention it has piper verneir pulleys

i also have fotos of the engine having the work done which looks really good in the folder!!!

Dancliovalver
22-12-2005, 13:02
sorry not the best pics, there a foto of a foto lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/dancliovalver/Picture4.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/dancliovalver/Picture3.jpg

stew
22-12-2005, 14:20
Sounds mint mate!

Keep the cylinder head etc for the 2.0L conversion, and use a low milage meggy bottom end. Cheapest option IMO. Plus most meggy bottom ends seem fooking fast! No point putting a standard 1.8 16v head on it, with a 2.0L bottom end. Keep the head and cams etc, and you will have a rate fast hybrid. :twisted:

Unless you are getting an willy F7R for a good price!

matty
22-12-2005, 19:21
Agree, with that much spent on the head, you would be mad to use a standard F7R engine. If getting a megane engine you will have to have work done on head for it to fit clio. Williams engine will fit without such problem but can't imagine a standard williams head being better if yours has has headwork. Just bigger valves would be main benefit.

And judging by how much has been spent on the 1.8 engine, you will never get that back and any1 looking for new engine will tend to go the 2.0 route if given choice of a 1.8 and 2.0.

Just get a cheap BE and enjoy the benefits of your existing bits as they seem good spec.

VIPERONE
22-12-2005, 19:40
mate.. can you do a favour and post up your cam settings .. ie the vernier markins. or take a pic.. cheers

Dancliovalver
26-12-2005, 22:51
lol sorry i really dont know what they are, im going to see nick hill next week (if he's about) ill ask him and ill post em up for ya matey :wink:

Dancliovalver
21-01-2006, 19:33
sorry to bring this back up again guys but im seriously considering the sale now as i may just buy a full 2.0ltr engine and work with that!!

can anybody give me a ruff estimate on how much its worth??

cheers guys

VIPERONE
21-01-2006, 19:38
valver engines are unfortunately plentifull...

i would seriously keep your valver head... and use it on the conversion

Dancliovalver
22-01-2006, 00:24
but would i get the same as i would with the williams head as it will still have the same valver valves and so forth?

smokey
22-01-2006, 01:07
I sold my 1.8 16v standard engine for £125 with gearbox and ecu just for example

Clio_GTT
22-01-2006, 13:07
isn't a williams head the same as a 16v bar the cams ? don't recall the valves being different, the megane yes, but the willy ?

richy
22-01-2006, 13:11
isn't a williams head the same as a 16v bar the cams ? don't recall the valves being different, the megane yes, but the willy ?

the williams has slightly bigger valves and different porting or something, aswell as cams

Clio_GTT
22-01-2006, 14:25

the williams has slightly bigger valves and different porting or something, aswell as cams

learn something new everyday, think i may have to chop my 16v in for a williams, always wanted one as a kid.