PDA

View Full Version : I dont agree

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 00:49
I have concerns that £5 membership is justified. Im not talking about myself, im taking about person a, who comes along and thinks:

'hmmm, what do i get for £5'?

I think this needs to be addressed.

northy
15-03-2005, 08:41
He gets full acsess to the forum
Membership card
Acsess to our discounts page

But dont forget time is taking a toll on work we can do - this week ive been mainly looking at getting membership cards made up.

Enid
15-03-2005, 09:57
A fiver isn't much imo. It will seem like better and better value as the club gets bigger and we can attract more discounts/events/other stuff. I'm still to pay my fiver as i've been in the "Dam" for a while but now i'm back I shall be sending my cheque off straight away, I see it more as investing for the future of the club. Anyway you don't have to become a member, a newbie could come along and use the forum for a while and if they like what they see they could pay their fiver and get the full monty :wink:

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 12:31
IMO the forum should have full access to everyone.

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 12:34
For my fiver person a would want:

A technical section that is EASY to follow.
A comprehensive buyers guide
and a full registry of cars
A video section

Person A doesnt see any of these at the moment. :D

northy
15-03-2005, 12:45
A technical section that is EASY to follow. (NOT GOT ONE YET)
A comprehensive buyers guide (NOT GOT ONE YET)
and a full registry of cars (unless its been finished NOT GOT ONE YET)
A video section (NOT GOT ONE YET)

but most of this will happen over time.

The new website should be upand running by Monday next week....With the new forum.

But there will be alot of links to pages that will be underconstruction untill i have finished the design and content.

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 12:47
Im not having a go, but im just pointing out if i came across this site, would i pay a fiver?

In present guise: NO

northy
15-03-2005, 12:49
And have u payed your £5'er ? heehee i know what your saying mate -

Its all work in progress mate...its only since january has the new site and plans been layed out.

U keep your £5'er for the window sticker mate !

NickFr
15-03-2005, 13:41
It was originally put forward, that IF you wanted to, you could send a fiver to contribute towards the cost of setting up the new site, this was intended as a more attractive alternative than merely changing the name. The benefits were you would get to be a " Founder Member " and also receive a free window sticker. However, and I am not surprised the costs of doing this have proved prohibitive, hence the £5 now required to buy the sticker.

I believe that this is both reasonable and fair!! given the amount of unpaid work that has and will be put into this forum, and soon to be club. I for one am more than happy to do this and watch the site/club grow. I assume that if we don't contribute now the costs will all have to be met by Fatboy + Northy. C'mon all you guys who have visited this site and benefitted from the invaluable info available on this forum and SHOW THEM THE MONEY!! :D Not looking to be controversial but thats my opinion

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 13:48
I was looking at if from 'Mr Jo average, thinking of buying a Williams / just bought one, doesnt know much about them' logging on for the first time.

At the moment, there is no incentive to pay to join.

That is all i am saying.

big hp
15-03-2005, 13:51
I feel £5 is justified. We are a up and coming new club. Lets give it time and see how it pans out. Northy has hinted there will be lots more content. If your not happy in 12 months time then don't re-new.

Lets not argue about membership money etc please. Thats one thing I loathed about CS.

NickFr
15-03-2005, 13:55
KS, thats true however, if we are going to attract genuine members who are genuinely interested in a Willy/Hybrid/16v site then they will pay the money. This will surely stop the irritating forum hoppers, who contribute f**k all. I suppose in an ideal world it would be up and ready but guess its got to start somewhere.

northy
15-03-2005, 13:57
well i agree that to a new user the site only offers a free forum.
Im quite happy with that.

I now know how much time and effort cs must have put into get their site up and running....the stickers alone took me a week of mine and the manafactures time.

Then we have the new website....Thats taken a few months of the web designers, plus mine and fatboys time. The text for the new site took me ages and I had to learn new programs to produce it.

Im sure once were all sorted and the discounts are up...the £5 will be worth it.

But it will be a every changing club...untill we find the best way to do things.

NickFr
15-03-2005, 13:59
I feel £5 is justified. We are a up and coming new club. Lets give it time and see how it pans out. Northy has hinted there will be lots more content. If your not happy in 12 months time then don't re-new.

Lets not argue about membership money etc please. Thats one thing I loathed about CS.

Your right fella just banter.. and its good that people can put their points of view honestly. KS says it as he sees.. better than being shy :D he after all has contributed more than most to this forum.. I'm the new boy :wink:

northy
15-03-2005, 14:00
let me quote the rule book guys -

Welcome to the Williams Clio website, the home of Williams Clio owners. The club was founded in September 2004 by a handful of dedicated Williams Clio enthusiasts, and since this time the club has grown into an online forum and database dedicated to the Williams and MK1 Clio 16V

That says it all....were not proffesional and its a progressional site.

Take it as it comes lads....all feedback good or bad will be taken on board.

2 live
15-03-2005, 14:14
no complaints here....apart from the uploader for vids n pics.......but that will be better with the new site ..........

northy il drop u the coin off wen i pick the tyres up

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 14:16
How did i guess i would be miss-quoted. :roll:

Im not saying I WONT PAY. Im saying that if you use your empathy to look at things from someone elses point of view, then we need to get our arses in gear and put something on the site worth paying for (if we want to charge).

northy
15-03-2005, 14:22
I know....said that ^^^ up there lol.

But things take time pal and cost money. And im still recovering from the personal outlay for 240 stickers.

Ok we should have finished the site before we opened it to the public....but remember that its only recently we decided to have another go at it.

I only get chance to design and prototype things for the club on a friday and saturday. As i dont have a pc in wigan.

Soon all the sections will have the blanks filled in and the members £5 will be worth it. Untill then we have asked if you guys want to pay £5 for what we have - The money Paul has will be used to cover the cost of just the website design.

Our arses are in gear mate....think its a bit unfair to say that to be honest.

I have done alot for free and have pulled alot of favours from friends to get what we have so far.....but its still basically just a forum we pay to use.

But as this is all new too me - im shocked its taking so long to get to where we are now. But its looking good for the future.

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 14:26
Maybe you should deligate certain things to other people.

Summah seems to know about vid hosting. Why dont you ask him to do the video section? Etc etc

northy
15-03-2005, 14:31
we are doing.

Monkeysnuts will be looking after the media hosting. (Paul is still working on the details to allow people to control the new site)

The moderators will all need to be trained on the new forum.

The area reps will be sorted soon but the current situaltion is working well.

if i had of deligated certain things to other people (stickers, banners, web design, flyers) we would never have attempted to change the site...not for the limited amount of members we would get.

Its Financially not viable !

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 14:43
Do we need moderators?

Forum works fine as it is.

northy
15-03-2005, 14:45
yes.

Only 4 when u play up though :wink:

northy
15-03-2005, 14:50
Right guys...i know what your all saying but you will have to wait for the all singing all dancing sections...they are on the way though.

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 14:54
This new web site best have my throne section in it. I have been saving up some great stories.

northy
15-03-2005, 14:55
well you have to be a member to use it...thats the only rules. Ok mate. :wink: :lol:

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 14:57
Its your site pistacio :D

FlamingMonkey
15-03-2005, 15:00
To be honest with the limited time you've had on this I must say im impressed, takes a lot fo work to setup a new site especially with a forum, all the work with thte stickers defo takes time.

I think they are going about it the right way, get the new site online in some shape or form then spend time fine tuning it.

Not meaning to poo poo your first effort Fatboy but originally I was put off posting and participating on the site due to me thinking it would be a short lived fad (how wrong am I ? lol) but I have been proved wrong, which is nice, it all seems to be coming along nicely due to the enthusiasm to the cause which is Williamsclio, theres a real community spirit on here which has long snce been removed by the Mods/Admin on Cliosport.

I think its good choice that Fatboy has enlisted Northy and he's done a sterling job so far, I definatly can't wait for the new site to go live, be it finsihed or not.

My 2ps worth.

Agree with Stromba though about the sections, would give you more bang for buck.

NickFr
15-03-2005, 18:29
Being new to all of this prehaps someone can explain the role of both the Moderators and area reps. I agree with KS can't this forum self moderate, everyone on here seems willing and able to express their opinions freely and go out of their way to give no offence, slap me down ( gently ) but it would appear that half the probs with other sites is the heavy handed judgement by the so say moderators that have helped ruin it for people that like to push the boat out a bit. All sounds a bit Orwellian 1984 big brother. Theres some PLAYERS on this site, I hope they are not reffed out of the game :?

Winston
15-03-2005, 18:40
Good work imo.......Its going to be big baby!!!!

I will bring my £10 for a sticker and membership on wednesday

FATBOY
15-03-2005, 19:36
tell you guys what! how about i drop the site and the forum for a few months until we get it all done???? nope none of you would like that! its work in progress people it takes time! and with your £5 dont forget you are also helping towards the building of the site and the hosting costs! sometimes i dont know why i even bother! if you dont want to pay your £5 then dont bother,plenty of other people have donated.

KingStromba
15-03-2005, 20:02
Think you should read my posts properly bfore blowing your top.

Enid
15-03-2005, 22:30
Calm down everyone!

Fatboy and Northy have worked especially hard making this site what it is and hopefully what it will become in the future. There are also other members who contribute their technical and Williams knowledge freely (they know who they are). If people want to contribut financially to the site then great, if they dont then great the more the merrier, they will probably change their minds as the site gets better and better.

Fatboy I dont think KS was having a pop, I can see his point of view for a new person coming to the site but if that "new person decides to stick around then they a more than likely going to wan to become a member as more is added to the site which from you an Northy have said seems to be the plan.

Keep up the good work fellas!!!!!!!

NickFr
15-03-2005, 23:48
Good point well presented!!

snakeylady
16-03-2005, 10:05
:? :? Okay I'm once again putting my 2penneth worth in - as someone who was looking around for a site to go to as a new willy owner I firstly joined CS and then found out about this site - from the first time I posted I felt welcome and found it easy to navigate [ I was a novice at this lark] IMO this is the best site on the web - it is friendly - everyone is helpful and for the price of 4 litres of Optimax it is bloody good value :!: :!: :!: I would happily pay double and I'm a single mum with no dosh whatsoever!! so thumbs up the all you guys who give your time and effort to the cause - you have my vote!!

VIPERONE
16-03-2005, 19:21
a single mum :-), there are plenty of men on here :-)
hehe

yeah i have to agree, the site is exclusively for williams/valvers....
and there are no party pooping moderators...:-)

Andy
17-03-2005, 17:49
i can vouch for northy, at weekends he is never off his pc he works hard and he is proud of the site i think the lads who run it deserve alot of credit it is really good effort what do you want for a fiver ...

NickFr
17-03-2005, 17:59
A Ferrari 360 Spyder

A Night with Kylie

A Carribean Cruise

Oh and a years membership of the WilliamsClio club :wink:

KingStromba
17-03-2005, 18:23
FOR THE LAST TIME I WASNT TALKING ABOUT ME!!!!!

I was suggesting that if we want to retain new members (particularly those that dont often use the internet) it might be a good idea to get some of the articles / videos and other features up and running soon (ie pursuade them to stay / join before they go elsewhere). If Northy and Fatboy are too busy them maybe someone else could contribute.

FATBOY
17-03-2005, 19:58
the new site will go live within the next week! :D

MrAtego
27-03-2005, 20:43
Here's looking forward to the new site!! Sure I'm not the only one here that says that Fatboy and Northy are doing a great job and that either of them only need to ask if ever any help is needed. (note to self... Post the F@@KIN cheque)

2 live
04-04-2005, 12:08
well i think northy and fatboy have done a mint job on the site...well done lads......5er wi northy shortly