PDA

View Full Version : New Tyres

clowo16v
21-12-2005, 20:23
Just got some GSD's fitted to the front of the Clio today they're awesome tyres it handles 10x better than it did yesterday, thought that could be the fact that on removal of the front tyres, they're the worst worn tyres i've seen for ages.

The inside of the passenger tyre was so badly worn not only was it onto the wear indicators, but the groove that the wear indicators are in had gone aswell. Checked the suspension and got the alignment done and its all fine, so I think the wear has come about due to going over the little speed humps, as I tend to put the left side on the side of the hump and the right on the normal road.

See ya

Matt

northy
22-12-2005, 08:46
Fancy doing a full review with pictures pal ?

williams-3
22-12-2005, 12:28
speaking of tyres i should hav a set of these on the williams .... Yokohama Advan semi slicks , its the tyre we use on the cooper cup car but as we will use a new set every race i should hav a few of these kicking around so i'm putting a set on my car and i sell the others !

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/mugen-jordan/advan.jpg

stew
22-12-2005, 14:07
1/4miling tyres! hehe

Noted intrest paul! :wink:

Daz.
22-12-2005, 14:28
which gsd's did you get?

I really need some new ones after xmas..

williams-3
22-12-2005, 14:45
1/4miling tyres! hehe

Noted intrest paul! :wink:

not just 1/4mile tyres , these are road legal 8)

clowo16v
22-12-2005, 16:09
I would be wary of using semi-slicks on the road I have them on my Mini which is awesome when its sunny, but in the wet its scary it just wont turn.

What do you want me to review Northy? I've got a problem to sort first then I will do.

See ya

Matt

Lunner
22-12-2005, 18:13
How comes tehya re instantly better.....mine took a good 500-1000 miles to bed in fully on the backs

matty
22-12-2005, 19:35
TBH any new tyre from a badly worn tyre wil be miles better. Had GSD3's for the last couple of changes now and they are great but do take a short while to scrub in.

Can't comment on PE2's that others recommend but they are more expensive than GSD3's from most places unless you go to Costco who do them at £45 fitted the same as my GSD3's cost

VIPERONE
22-12-2005, 19:39
i have gsd3s on the rear and michelin exalto pe2 on the front. i have to say that my combination feels great.. awesome set of tyres.

Willy 2
22-12-2005, 19:50
I have just boshed on two front Uniroyal Rainsports 195-50-15 at £40 balanced and fitted per corner. They are a fantastic tyre, lasted me over a year and a half, or 14k's.

Wet weather as you would expect is very good, no aquaplaining experienced in them so far. Last year we had a lot of snow and down my road was a good 3 inches with ice underneath and it managed to get up a steep incline.

Dry weather very good again, hardly any squal when hammered into fast bends or roundabouts.

The rubber smells lovely too when 6k is dialed in!!

All in all very good - well recommended hence another pair has just been bought.