PDA

View Full Version : de-cat is here !

williams-3
20-12-2005, 23:17
Thanks to lunner for sorting me out with my de-cat pipe , it'll be on tomorrow (wed) so i'll let you all know how its feels on car and noise difference 8)

FATBOY
20-12-2005, 23:24
what zorst system you running mate????

bigjim
21-12-2005, 00:00
think hes got a magnex back box and standard centre section at the moment but hes planning on getting a straight through middle section made up.

Willy 2
21-12-2005, 01:52
If he does that it'll be pretty darn loud!! Im running the same combo and tbf i think its on the limit of what you would want to drive around in as an everyday car. Fairly unassuming on part throttle but becomes an animal when opened up. :twisted:

A straight through centre section would be mental!!! And the fuzz would defo have daggers for you cruising round in what would sound like a TANK!

BUT...each and to their own. Be good to know exactly whatit'll be like with a straight through number, but im thinking TRES TRES LOUD!

stew
21-12-2005, 12:07
^^^Baa....that wont be overly loud! Ive got :

Supersprint manifold, K-Tec UNSILENCED Decat, Devil STRAIGHT THRU competition centre section, Devil 3.5" Rear muffler!

It's quite loud! LOFL :oops:

I love it though. Proper rally slag exhuast. Pops and bangs like a mofo on the overrun! HEHE

snakeylady
21-12-2005, 13:24
I'm running a straight thru magnex de-cat and it is a loverly sound - admittedly pretty loud but you get used to it and now would miss the background noise!!

Tommo
21-12-2005, 14:19
I had a full devil system inc decat, but had the standard centre pipe put back on as it was just too fookin loud and sounded like a chav chariot! Now it's just right, still loud enough and raspy and love the pops and bangs on the overun!!

Jamie.
21-12-2005, 14:26
remember a couple of years ago when ktec did the loud, loud s/s zorsts, the ones that were taken off the shelves? well some i know had the old full ktec decat zorst system. and that was v loud!

Tommo
21-12-2005, 14:35
Does anybody know who owns the williams 2 that was on ebay a few months ago, had a big TRACKER sticker in the back window? Think it may be in Leeds now?

I saw it on the M56 a while back and it's the loudest williams I've seen, I mean fookin LOUD!! I think it had a full custom exhaust fitted IIRC

northy
21-12-2005, 15:31
remember it but do not know where it now resides.

Lunner
21-12-2005, 17:37
I've got a de-at and custom made straight through centre section with a scorpion backbox and its loud but not mental loud, still under the sound regs at donnington etc

FATBOY
21-12-2005, 19:48
ive got straight thru devil zorst with a magnex decat!!! been pulled twice cos its so fookin loud! lol :lol:

richy
21-12-2005, 19:54
use to have a devil system with decat, was to loud, had to get rid, now running a decat with scorpion system, got a decat off lunner but not fitted yet

VIPERONE
21-12-2005, 20:54
scorpions are good exhausts.. its the most conservative of exhausts i have owned.

williams-3
22-12-2005, 12:40
thanks for all the intrest well it was fitted yesterday and not really had a chance of driving it yet apart from back from the garage and its sounds lovely ..... deep drone similar to a turbo'd noise . Only gave it a little blast but seemed to rev through the rev range bit better 8) gona go for propper balst today get it all heated up and see whats its like . NEXT MONTH STRAIGHT THROUGH MID SECTION :twisted:

stew
22-12-2005, 14:04
nice one mate.

we need to do another edin meet in the new year! 8) :twisted: