PDA

View Full Version : me v 52 plate golf GTI

VIPERONE
19-12-2005, 00:05
On route from Snake pass, coming on to the M60 I observed a mid twenties male driving a 52 plate Golf GTI. He saw me and tried a swift overtaking move..his bird looked in to the Hybrid ..with a smug grin.
The grin spurred me to drop a cog and add some slight pressure to the accelerator.
2nd in to 3rd....reeled him in .. in to 4th in to fast lane, still in 4th next to him. he wouldnt look. he was trying. i placed more pressure on the pedal..naturally still in 4th..bye bye GTI... oh then changed to 5th.. lol it wasnt over yet ...

how dare his bird look smug.. i geared back down to 4th.. issued some force on the brake pedal.wow he's indicatig to overtake me....
like hell he is.. foot to floor in to 4th...sweeping bend on the m60...in to 5th... in to 6th... 6th,,,, it wasnt there :-(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin
19-12-2005, 02:13
lol them golfs are real tanks!

northy
19-12-2005, 08:52
glad you had fun gunner, did u get a play with that lotus on the peaks ???

JayR
19-12-2005, 09:37
lol them golfs are real tanks!

The chipped ones are alright but as you said i should imagine the standards are tanks aswell!!!

VIPERONE
19-12-2005, 13:00
no i didnt play with the lotus due to the traffic where i was.. i saw you have a bit of a blast lol.

he was good sport that lad.

northy
19-12-2005, 13:53
no i didnt play with the lotus due to the traffic where i was.. i saw you have a bit of a blast lol.

certainly was, moved over to avoid the bombardment of salt / gravel but i couldnt gain, but didnt pull away much in all honesty....need to get these cams in me thinks..... :oops:

J o n
19-12-2005, 14:13

certainly was, moved over to avoid the bombardment of salt / gravel but i couldnt gain, but didnt pull away much in all honesty....need to get these cams in me thinks..... :oops:

surely blowing your engine up with Kents is a bit OTT though!?