PDA

View Full Version : 1st Breakage on the car!

measor
16-12-2005, 18:14
Was pulling out of my drive put my foot on the clutch and heard a horrible snapping noise followed by a very loose pedal, presume its the cable and cant get it sorted till 2morrow which is bent with regards to the timing of it being the weekend.

Anyone know what price I should expect to pay tomorrow so I can prepare myself?

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 18:34
sometimes mate u can get a cable, wich is quite cheap and thread it through the old black casing, but i dunno wether it works on the Renaults??

MatBrown
16-12-2005, 18:44
Get a cable from Renault for £19.
If paying someone to fit it, should be about £30 extra.

Mat.

mattyc
16-12-2005, 18:58
Unlucky m8! :cry:, i had my first problem today (split coolent hose), but in both case's could be worse i spose

Justin..
16-12-2005, 19:05
Was pulling out of my drive put my foot on the clutch and heard a horrible snapping noise followed by a very loose pedal, presume its the cable and cant get it sorted till 2morrow which is bent with regards to the timing of it being the weekend.

Anyone know what price I should expect to pay tomorrow so I can prepare myself?

mine recenlty went, had a new pedal and cable came to around £170. i had the modified pedal from renault fitted to prevent cable snaps

measor
16-12-2005, 19:10
Unlucky m8! :cry:, i had my first problem today (split coolent hose), but in both case's could be worse i spose

Yeh could have been a lot worse, couldv snapped in the middle of the country luckilly it was on the drive.

Cheers for the help but I think I will have to let someone else do it as Im working sat and sunday in London which also means Iv got 2 use public transport, trains are fast but nothing compared to my valver ;)

measor
19-12-2005, 12:40
It turns out that the clutch is ****ed and needs replacing.

Was wondering if there was a possiblity to upgrade with a performance clutch but having been on ACTs website they don't even do kits for Renaults.

Does anyone know anything about this, has anyone have a different to the oe clutch?

VIPERONE
19-12-2005, 13:09
i have a eurocarparts oe valeo cluch.. imo its great it doesnt slip at all.. and i have well tested it.

measor
19-12-2005, 14:26
has anyone heard anything bout the group n clutch on ktec?

as changing the clutch is a big job, I just want something that is going to be better in the long run so I dont mind spendin that bit extra.

Lunner
19-12-2005, 18:55
One place charged me £60+_vat for supply and fit a cable (London), other place charged me £40 to supply and fit a cable (midlands)

lewis_willy2
19-12-2005, 22:00
my clutch cable snapped 5 days after owning my 2nd 16v, cable went on my first 1 aswell, apparently sign of clutch going as youve found out, but my 1st clutch was the bbpt group n something like £200 jus for the clutch, had it with the soft pedal conversion and was sweet as a nut. wen removed engine for breaking perposses i checked the clutch, loadsa life left?????

when my 2nd cable went me and the missus where jus backing up against a g8 in the local spot! for a bit of nookie, wasnt to impressed, but as i had a spair, got home at midnight and had a new cable in by 1am

jus dont remove the cable till u no where the old is routed, my first cable snapping incident took me hours to replace!

measor
19-12-2005, 23:04
Its all sorted now, ordered the clutch off ktec and ordered a valver box from 247 and its all getting done this week so should hopefully have it back before xmas.

measor
31-12-2005, 18:25
IF ONLY - still havent got my car back and wont have it back until 3rd of January!

I miss my car :cry:

Gav
01-01-2006, 18:15
i have a eurocarparts oe valeo cluch.. imo its great it doesnt slip at all.. and i have well tested it.

gunner told me about these the other day so i brought one

hope its a good'un mate :D

Justin..
01-01-2006, 18:16

um thats gunner sayin about it :?

Gav
01-01-2006, 19:51

um thats gunner sayin about it :?

talk sense lad! :D