PDA

View Full Version : psp

lewis_willy2
15-12-2005, 21:11
gonna buy 1 but shall i get v2.0 or v1.50 or 1.51 i understand the lesser versions play the 'chipped' games???? advice needed?

lewis

lewis_willy2
15-12-2005, 21:17
is an american 1 a bad idea?

gna buy all the games and umds off ebay???

scotte666
15-12-2005, 21:43
i think with version 1.51 and below u can save games onto mem card and play emulators.whereas with version 2 u cant .only thing is with version 1.5 u cant use the wap browser i heard. my mates just bought a new uk 1 and an emulator off ebay that comes with software to allow you to downgrade to version 1.51 so dont really think it matters whatever version u buy tbh mate.

Dancliovalver
15-12-2005, 22:39
u need the version 1.5 mate, if you buy the 50 odd games on 8 DVD discs from ebay you get the downgrader with it BUT what that does is it flashes the chips and crosses the jumpers and could possibly fry ur chip over time and also if it does that ur warrenty will be void as they know what u were trying to do!!
u also need a minimum of a gig mem stick so u can drag ur games onto the stick!!!
u will also need an original game, i sugest wipeout as it has its own internet portals (and its an awsome game aswell)
if u wanna know anything else mate then let me know and ill find out for ya
ill find some links for ya in a bit

Daz.
16-12-2005, 15:55
^^^ all above is correct but the problem is if you want to run emulators you can't use it as a psp basically! everytime you decided to buy a new game (grand theft auto for example) the game won't run unless you upgrade the firmware that comes on the umd, so basically you buy it to play old games or buy it to play the new ones! easy choice for me to be honest!

They're all multiregion so don't worry about games, if you want to import a psp get a jap one not an american one, jap consoles are region 2 so you can just pop in a store and get a film, if you got an amercian console you'd have to import region 1 umd's.....

I bough a White giga pack (cool as fook) psp the other month new off ebay, very happy with it! got transformers on umd the other day for a tenner!

FlamingMonkey
16-12-2005, 16:05
LMAO Crosses the jumpers, sorry dude but thats horse shit, think about it, early PSPs came with 1.5 on them, all its doing is downgrading the 2.0+ to 1.5's nothing to do with jumpers its software.

Also you don't NEED a 1gb stick, handy but not needed

You don't need a UMD game either, Spiderman 2 which is free with the PSP when you register it works, plus you can get a UMD eumulator now.

Daz.
16-12-2005, 16:06
LMAO Crosses the jumpers, sorry dude but thats horse s**t, think about it, early PSPs came with 1.5 on them, all its doing is downgrading the 2.0+ to 1.5's nothing to do with jumpers its software.

harsh boy jason!

Don't forget i'm right... i'm always right... 8)

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 16:13
LMAO Crosses the jumpers, sorry dude but thats horse s**t, think about it, early PSPs came with 1.5 on them, all its doing is downgrading the 2.0+ to 1.5's nothing to do with jumpers its software.

Also you don't NEED a 1gb stick, handy but not needed

You don't need a UMD game either, Spiderman 2 which is free with the PSP when you register it works, plus you can get a UMD eumulator now.

sorry mate just wat ive read

and the bit about the gig stick...............where u gonna transfer the game to??? from what i remember the games arnt 32mb :?

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 16:14
oh and they have stopped the spiderman 2 being free i think, was only to the first million!!!!

Daz.
16-12-2005, 16:15
alot of the old games are stupidly small, my brother only has a 32mb stick and he has at least 30 snes games and the emulator on his, infact the only decent emulator on the psp that runs anywhere near the originals is the snes one, playing super mario kart on the psp is a very cool surreal experience!

Daz.
16-12-2005, 16:17
oh and they have stopped the spiderman 2 being free i think, was only to the first million!!!!

I was interested in this till I realised... a: its poo b: I can't register mine as its a jap import :D

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 16:30
lol, the games not too bad i must say, its something to play on when i get bored with the other games.
me mate bought one the same times as me and we finally managed to figure out the game share thing, its awsome, we did it with wipeout (he's got that and i havnt), played for hours!!!

what games have u got Daz??

Daz.
16-12-2005, 16:42
Not much I tend to buy a game and play it to death before I move on..

Burnout Legends and Liberty City Stories, although my brother has a few, Pro evo 5, wipeout, ridge racer, couple of import rpg's... we're sorted for christmas! :wink:

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 16:43
lol kool, whats GTA like, think taht mite be my next game, looks the dogs

i have toca racing 2 and persuit force

lewis what did u get for your first game mate??

Daz.
16-12-2005, 16:45
its like always very addictive very funny but fooking hard!

FlamingMonkey
16-12-2005, 16:46
You could register Jap imports and get the Spiderman, Chris n Nic did this aswell as a mate at work, and they turned up :D

Yeah sorry didnt make myself clear, the 32mb one is poo, was just saying you could get away with 512 or even a few on a 256mb one but you would have to change the games over if you wanted to play a new one...lol

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 16:48
yeah i get u now..........sorry to sound snappy lol

you can definatly fit small games onto those memory cards so if ur abit stuck for cash u could get a cheap one but if u have abit more money u should get a bigger one, u could fit the bigger games on or even 2 smaller games......kool, oh and loads of movies!!!

FlamingMonkey
16-12-2005, 16:50
hehe now worries I love all my WC buddies :P

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 16:52
:wink: av u got one then monkey boy??

FlamingMonkey
16-12-2005, 16:56
:wink: av u got one then monkey boy??

lol no, bloke in my office at work has tells me all the ins and outs of it, I have a 360, prolly wouldn't use a PSP as much

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 16:59
yer i was gonna have a 360, still will next year when there availible and probably abit cheaper, the PSP was just to tie me over till i can get one, but might keep both, the PSP is good for the car and holidays n whatnot, keeps the missus happy

FlamingMonkey
16-12-2005, 17:01
Yeah awesome little gadget, loved Ridge Racer when Chris showed it me.

Been playing NFS Most Wanted on the fella at works, but its too ****in annoying with the police chasing you all the time, I just wanna race hehe

Dancliovalver
16-12-2005, 17:03
tocas not too bad, but im waiting for GT4 micro to be released next year, its out in japan on the 1st of march, dunno when it will be out here but soon i hope

lewis_willy2
17-12-2005, 13:53
havent got 1 yet, jus raising the funds at the mo, nearly bought 1 off ebay but am looking for a 'cheaper' 1!

def gna get 1 v.soon

can u put the new gta for example on the memory stick?? or just old games???

Dancliovalver
17-12-2005, 17:21
yes mate just as long as the disc that u buy off the internet has gta on it and u have enuf space on the memory card to store it

give us a shout wen u have one mate ill send u a few programs to link it to the internet