PDA

View Full Version : Induction Kit Swap

Zollo
14-03-2005, 15:50
Hi

Not sure where to put this on the site, as you haven't got a swap-shop section!

Does anyone out there want to swap their standard airbox setup for my induction kit setup. I bought the car with it fitted and have decided that it's too loud for me! It's a Vector cone type, and cost about 70 quid.

If someone wants to come round and 'help' (not strictly the right word to use, as I'm mechanicaly inept, and would struggle to pass the right tool) swap them over, they can have it for free.

Alternatively, I'm happy to travel; so long as it's not North East Cambodia, or somewhere equally as far.

Cheers.

northy
14-03-2005, 15:52
pm matt brown...he will have a airbox your can buy from him.

Were all standard airbox's on here mate :wink:

KingStromba
14-03-2005, 15:58
I have a group a rally spec airbox you can have for free, but you want to come pick it up as i dont deliver.

My address is:

King Stromba
Throne Drive
Kingston
North East Cambodia
Asia

:wink:

Zollo
14-03-2005, 16:03
Wow, thanks.

I have a mate who is travelling around the area as it happens. He has told me he will happily pick it up from you, once he's picked up a variable-locking LSD from an aging old tribsman who knocks them up in his mud hut. What's your mobile number?

northy
14-03-2005, 16:06
His number is 118 !

KingStromba
14-03-2005, 16:09
Unless you take air from under the scuttle panel (where the washer bottle is) you need a closed Renault airbox.

It was actually a joke as i beleive the group a rally cars got their air from an open induction kit under this panel, similar to the Hill Power variant that goes through the bulk head.

If you dont do this you will need a closed box (which was also used in rallying as it is a good choice for the hot Williams engine bay)

Zollo
14-03-2005, 16:19
Yeah, I guessed as much - hence my wish to return to standard. Cheers for the info.

Offer is still open to anyone who wants a bit of noise...

scotte666
14-03-2005, 18:11
i got a ktec viper kit what people think of these i was told as long as its a closed induction kit its fine?

Martin
14-03-2005, 18:19
I binned my viper for a stnd airbox...sounds good but no better performance than a panel filter IMO.

scotte666
14-03-2005, 18:32
yea i read all reviews after i sheeled out 220 quid for it from ktec though even if it doesnt give me more power itsa nice noise