14-12-2005, 02:41
Yes.

You love it really!

Mat.

Fred
14-12-2005, 03:37
No chance in hell, ****ing waste of a £5er, FAR too many twats on there now

i would list them, but it would take me forever

the old days were good, but ever since the 182 owners (they think they're experts at EVERYTHING) came on its gone down hill faster then Herman Maier

shame because the old team put in loads of work just to start the club

the bodykit/1.2/1.4/1.6 lot aren't the cause of the clubs crapness, its the snobbery/argogance form certain 182 owners

rant over, bunch of cunts

J o n
14-12-2005, 09:03
Fred, I feel your holding back there... :lol:

NickFr
14-12-2005, 09:51
No chance in hell, ****ing waste of a £5er, FAR too many twats on there now

i would list them, but it would take me forever

the old days were good, but ever since the 182 owners (they think they're experts at EVERYTHING) came on its gone down hill faster then Herman Maier

shame because the old team put in loads of work just to start the club

the bodykit/1.2/1.4/1.6 lot aren't the cause of the clubs crapness, its the snobbery/argogance form certain 182 owners

rant over, bunch of cunts

Shakespeare could not have put it better :lol:

Fred
14-12-2005, 11:23
i'm a thesbian don't you know! what what

Lunner
14-12-2005, 11:46
But its still funny telling alot of tehm they are talking shit in the mechanical section, that and market place are teh only areas i visit

Mattie
14-12-2005, 12:16
havnt long paid my membership on there, only paid up 4 the sales section and meets section though, save ur 5er and spend it on a williamsclio sticker :)

seb182
14-12-2005, 13:01
i agree aswell, there are too many users on CS who want to slate anyone with a modded clio.

It is a sorry state of affairs when new users get ripped to shreads and then never come back! doesn't surprise me to be honest.

Gav
14-12-2005, 13:12
how long does the wc.co.uk membership last?

J o n
14-12-2005, 14:14
i agree aswell, there are too many users on CS who want to slate anyone with a modded clio.

It is a sorry state of affairs when new users get ripped to shreads and then never come back! doesn't surprise me to be honest.

yup, completely agree. i'm glad they have made you a mod on there though really mate, bout time someone out of the clique that actually owns and enjoys all aspects of their car was made one.

the problem is once the rot gets in it stays and is almost impossible to remove... or you remove it but it comes back.

Fred
14-12-2005, 14:32
well i've quit the site, i only go on to check pm's

J o n
14-12-2005, 14:50
I go on every now and again... fits and bursts really as there's little of interest to me personally.
Fred, get a MK1 lad, get yerself a bew and make yourself feel at home here 8)

NickFr
14-12-2005, 14:52
TBH..I know nothing of the Origins of CS apart from what I have read on here, all I will say is that it sounds a bit like a great pub that everyone used to go to...then a bunch of idiots arrived and ruined it. I know some people on here like to contribute to various sites...for me I prefer this place.

At the Mo I am not exactly loaded, so when it comes to spending my money Williamsclio wins...You can have all the technical sections and members area's in the world...but what makes any Forum is the members and their contributions, the people are as important as the Cars they drive!

J o n
14-12-2005, 15:49
tbh Nick you should sign up there on the forum as a user and have a browse round, it's probably not fair for us to influence you on it as I think the reason a lot of people feel so strongly is like you say: we used to go on there and there was a good friendly community spirit with good banter, but the banter was seen as aggro and then other people started moaning about how they didn't like it and then all of a sudden no one was allowed to talk about the single most important aspect of owning a hot hatch... the performance. It's a bit more lax on this these days, but it's policed too much now imo. You'll probably not like it anyway, it's a struggle to find any decent content let alone MK1 content.

Plus, this is the home of the MK1 Clio, so stands to reason why we are all here.

Nick, hope the not being loaded comment means we wont be seeing you at FCS mate!!! You HAVE to go!!! :D

Fatwilly
14-12-2005, 15:56
Stop ferking winging enjoy the web site...you dont have to read all the articles..and if you do do give your opinion as you are now...mine is..Great club, great read on web site and I have saved some money just by reading all the articles.

I will renew..just tell me how and when

J o n
14-12-2005, 16:09
Were not 'winging' mate, if you read what we are saying you will realise we have come to accept what CS is and take it or leave it. Well, personally speaking anyway.

This place is just better to me as a MK1 owner, I get my questions answered almost immediately and ALL my faults I have ever had and questioned have been correctly diagnosed without even seeing the problem 1st hand. You dont get that on CS in my experience... but then 2 live doesn't go on there anymore, so to be expected.

neilc
14-12-2005, 16:10
renew if you are going to buy a 172 / 182.

They are no really help with 16v etc as I found when I tried to sort mine out.

J o n
14-12-2005, 16:12
renew if you are going to buy a 172 / 182.

They are no really help with 16v etc as I found when I tried to sort mine out.

plus the MK2 boys hate us all anyway and have no time or respect for the MK1's... until they see the back of them on whichever particular event we may be at... be it 1/4 mile days, track days or just a cross country thrash.

Martin
14-12-2005, 17:06
I did'nt bother re-newing...as it's been said not much on there interests me as a performnace/mk1 enthusiast.

seb182
14-12-2005, 17:36
I enjoy both these clubs and i may pay up to WC at somepoint to show my support ofthis fine club.

Take it easy fellas.

NickFr
14-12-2005, 17:39
Jesus,

1) I am going to the FCS, inc booking track time :wink:

2) I have been registered with CS for the last 11 Months, in which I have made 9/10 posts, the only place I have never registered is F7 Power.

3) Fatwilly...not 'Whingeing', just discussing the thread, however I have just read too many Mk1 Clio's are crap threads on CS to bother joining :wink:

BRUN
14-12-2005, 17:41
i dont think i will be

everyone seems to own a Mk2 now and any questions about Mk1's seem to just be ignored

seb182
14-12-2005, 17:57

yup, completely agree. i'm glad they have made you a mod on there though really mate, bout time someone out of the clique that actually owns and enjoys all aspects of their car was made one.

the problem is once the rot gets in it stays and is almost impossible to remove... or you remove it but it comes back.

cheers fella :D

big hp
14-12-2005, 18:43
A lot of us mk1 lot were made to feel unwelcome, plus I had a run in with 2 mods on there. Decided to leave and never looked back. Only go on there occasionally to check for sale forums.

FATBOY
14-12-2005, 19:22
A lot of us mk1 lot were made to feel unwelcome, plus I had a run in with 2 mods on there. Decided to leave and never looked back. Only go on there occasionally to check for sale forums.

same as scotty with the run in with mods! plus some of the cliosport hierachy frowned upon this site when it was first started! dont think they liked having some of there thunder taken! think a few thought it would never last (how wrong were they) :wink:

so ive never renewed been nearly a year now! but i must thank CS tho cos without them this site would never have happened! okus, what do i need CS for now when ive got all the info and people in the know on the WILLIAMS on here???? :D

Winston
14-12-2005, 19:25
I renewed :oops:

Worth it for the discounts and the for sale forum imo

J o n
14-12-2005, 19:26
Jesus,

1) I am going to the FCS, inc booking track time :wink: - sweet :) remember to be careful overtaking though, some funny bastards put your steering wheel on the wrong side remember! lol

2) I have been registered with CS for the last 11 Months, in which I have made 9/10 posts, the only place I have never registered is F7 Power.

3) Fatwilly...not 'Whingeing', just discussing the thread, however I have just read too many Mk1 Clio's are crap threads on CS to bother joining :wink: - yup, i get that impression strongly from there when I go on... that and no one actually seems that interested in cars. Off topic is the main part of the forum which really is a shame... it's actually quite gutting when I think about how top it was a couple of years ago. should be more respect for the MK1 though, afterall, 12 years on and the only notable improvement is the addition of aircon lol (okay, cruise control as well, but i cant see the need for it over here)

pmsl, didn't realise you'd registered on there already, obviously liked your stay then! ;) I still have some good mates on there, but most are coming on here now anyway. Maybe it's just because of the size of the club, smaller ones seem to keep a better focus imo. That Clio Trophy site is another example of a smallish community like ours that has proved very successful.

I've never bothered registering on F7power, even though apparently I have... obviously some funny ****er having a laff, as I think i'd be banned before my first post... plus, I think that Jill bird fancies me... :shock: lol

Agree with Fatboy on the fact this place wouldn't be here if it wasn't for CS (and it's shortfalls)

Lunner
14-12-2005, 19:50
Jesus,

1) I am going to the FCS, inc booking track time :wink: - sweet :) remember to be careful overtaking though, some funny bastards put your steering wheel on the wrong side remember! lol

3) Fatwilly...not 'Whingeing', just discussing the thread, however I have just read too many Mk1 Clio's are crap threads on CS to bother joining :wink: - yup, i get that impression strongly from there when I go on... that and no one actually seems that interested in cars. Off topic is the main part of the forum which really is a shame... it's actually quite gutting when I think about how top it was a couple of years ago. should be more respect for the MK1 though, afterall, 12 years on and the only notable improvement is the addition of aircon lol (okay, cruise control as well, but i cant see the need for it over here)

pmsl, didn't realise you'd registered on there already, obviously liked your stay then! ;) I still have some good mates on there, but most are coming on here now anyway. Maybe it's just because of the size of the club, smaller ones seem to keep a better focus imo. That Clio Trophy site is another example of a smallish community like ours that has proved very successful.

I've never bothered registering on F7power, even though apparently I have... obviously some funny f**ker having a laff, as I think i'd be banned before my first post... plus, I think that Jill bird fancies me... :shock: lol

Agree with Fatboy on the fact this place wouldn't be here if it wasn't for CS (and it's shortfalls)

LOL....if i had let her i would have had a Jesus sized dent in my bonnet at Donnington...... :lol:

richy
14-12-2005, 19:58
i didnt renew due to the fact theres nothing on therethat intrests me, i own a williams this site is for williams and is alot more helpfull for me being a mk1 owner, also due to certain ppl who are on there or use to be and there attitude, not intrested at all now

Zollo
14-12-2005, 20:54
Never bothered with CS. Took a look at it when I first bought my Williams back in January, but a quick look on there was all that was needed to put me off.

Then some nice chap (can't remember who, think it was u33db?) directed me to this place. Cheers whoever it was :D

Tommo
14-12-2005, 22:17
I did a search for `williams' on there in Nov last year when I first bought my willy, and found a post by fatboy directing me to this site, it had only just started then and never looked back since! Only go back to CS occasionally to look in the spotted section...

Martin
14-12-2005, 22:19
I think FATBOY deserves a pat on the back for going out on a limb and creating a performance/enthuisiast/mk1 site which had been eroded from cs along time ago.. :)

Gav
14-12-2005, 22:24
I think FATBOY deserves a pat on the back for going out on a limb and creating a performance/enthuisiast/mk1 site which had been eroded from cs along time ago.. :)

sure he would prefer a keg of stella tbh lol

Gav
14-12-2005, 22:24
or 4 :D

Martin
14-12-2005, 22:25
lol true !

FATBOY
14-12-2005, 23:00
:oops: lol makin me blush!!! nah basically i saw the need for a williams orientated site and thought f**k it im gonna do it!!! and the rest is history! glad its come on leaps and bounds under northys leadership!!!!

Fred
15-12-2005, 01:18
Fred, get a MK1 lad

don't be daft!!!! project "Death shed" is underway!!!

TBH, i've never had so much fun on track since driving yoz's valver at Donnington!!

Lunner
15-12-2005, 08:41
Fred, get a MK1 lad

don't be daft!!!! project "Death shed" is underway!!!

TBH, i've never had so much fun on track since driving yoz's valver at Donnington!!

What even more fun than you had at Oulton? :wink:

J o n
15-12-2005, 09:44
PMSL, Death Shed, love it! Not seen any pics of your Vel Satis project for a while Fred. Start a new thread fella and give us an update, it's been far too long (you still got the green wheels on, they looked so cool at FCS).

MK1's are where it's at mate, can't have more fun on track in newer cars... it's just not cricket

Mattie
15-12-2005, 19:01
i get the feelin that most people on there dont respect me as a mrk1 owner.....the mods seem 2 be in on it as well :(

not sayin every1 on theres like it as theres people off here and f7p and people iv been on meets wiv who i get on wiv but sum on there are twats

J o n
15-12-2005, 19:10
same as everywhere you go in life. my general opinion of people in general is good... it's just the English really, it's our nature to be t**** unfortunately. there are some sound mods and admin on CS though, Seb, Mat, Yozza are all top people (and any others I have missed that I know...), but i think they just go with the masses over there... which is a crying shame, as lets face it, most people are idiotic little kids on there.

not the club's fault, but they wont be getting a fiver off me out of principle. i loved the club how it was, not how it is. it will improve i'm sure though, too much time and effort has gone into it to let it go to pot. personally I'd let Smokey run the whole place, i know they don't like him on there much (admin/mods that is), but i think he's spot on in most of what he says.

matty
15-12-2005, 23:24
Prefer here as you get people talking out their arse or expressing opinions on CS that are not necessarily true, often more "max power" or "my mate says" talk. And bias is to non Mk 1's now.

You can't even have a proper debate on there without having someone state their own point and not listen to anyone elses.

Only worth it for discounts. Although can't see how that will work without a members card.

Will have to pay up on here :oops:

Fred
15-12-2005, 23:56
i never used my "membership" card in 3 years, i always got the discount (do i have a reputation or something!!! LOL)

ohbejesus?? ever thought of running for PM???

J o n
16-12-2005, 09:06
i never used my "membership" card in 3 years, i always got the discount (do i have a reputation or something!!! LOL)

sometimes yeah... but i'm too evil... i'd bring back public hangings (box office to be exact... £15 a go, hell yeah!) and chavs would not last past infancy.

NickFr
16-12-2005, 09:37

sometimes yeah... but i'm too evil... i'd bring back public hangings (box office to be exact... £15 a go, hell yeah!) and chavs would not last past infancy.

Jesus you are being too lenient about the Chavs...Sterilise the Mothers before they are born, oh and introduce roadside IQ tests for 182 drivers and when they fail, excecute them on the spot, crush their cars and recycle them as 'Lean mean Grilling Machines' So bad no-one would put their name to them :twisted:

J o n
16-12-2005, 10:01
pmsl! class, road side executions would be mandatory!

i think the biggest problem would be that after a week i'd have halved the population... chavs would be slaughtered and ground up into paste and sold to Maccy D's and all the idiots I don't like would be extradited off the plannet... via a rocket aimed directly at the sun.

Zollo
16-12-2005, 10:23
It's getting a bit crowded around here anyway. You've got my vote.

Swervin_Mervin
16-12-2005, 11:17
i get the feelin that most people on there dont respect me as a mrk1 owner.....the mods seem 2 be in on it as well :(

not sayin every1 on theres like it as theres people off here and f7p and people iv been on meets wiv who i get on wiv but sum on there are twats

I've always got the impression that they're of the non-car-nut type though that sees older cars as shit and therefore you as a pauper for owning one.

You get this most places TBH. It's quite odd getting second glances as you steam past, or becuase they see someone a bit older (in my case at least) getting out the car as opposed to some spotty yoof which is what they're expecting.

smokey
17-12-2005, 01:38
same as everywhere you go in life. my general opinion of people in general is good... it's just the English really, it's our nature to be t**** unfortunately. there are some sound mods and admin on CS though, Seb, Mat, Yozza are all top people (and any others I have missed that I know...), but i think they just go with the masses over there... which is a crying shame, as lets face it, most people are idiotic little kids on there.

not the club's fault, but they wont be getting a fiver off me out of principle. i loved the club how it was, not how it is. it will improve i'm sure though, too much time and effort has gone into it to let it go to pot. personally I'd let Smokey run the whole place, i know they don't like him on there much (admin/mods that is), but i think he's spot on in most of what he says.

pmsl@TJ........................I love you man :D

Hell would freeze over 1st :twisted:

MrAtego
17-12-2005, 02:09
MK1's are a pile of crap and deserve to be fried!!!! (Sorry I'm a 182 owner I've been brainwashed :wink: )

:P

FATBOY
17-12-2005, 02:18
someones been on the sauce again :wink:

Lunner
17-12-2005, 18:18

I've never used mine in 2 yeards either, they know me in my local GSF now :oops: