PDA

View Full Version : Couple of pics from my Ferrari day

Andyvalver
12-12-2005, 21:18
I did a Ferrari day last may and jsut thought id post a couple of pics on here to show you :P Took the 360 up to about 130 on the main stright of the track 8) The other Ferrari is a 328 with about 250bhp i think. It was quick but had no power steering or owt so was a bit :? lol

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/Andyvalver/Copyoflastscan.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/Andyvalver/Copyoflastscan2.jpg

malbon
12-12-2005, 21:59
i did that day - prestwood hall ? looks like the same cars. I actually prefered the 328 which was not as fast but the steering felt better weighted - more 'elise like' :lol:

Andyvalver
13-12-2005, 10:25
8) Hope you gave it some stick like me lol.

Jamie.
13-12-2005, 14:04
were u allowed to nail it through the gears? i want to go on one but ppl have put me off. they said various things abt not being allowed to push that hard and being restircted to what gear u are in etc. all info please andy

Andyvalver
13-12-2005, 20:21
Nah mate, Your aloud to nail it but tbh things come up so fast you need to go steady, especially round the bends.

Gav
14-12-2005, 00:23
was gonna take one advertised in the argos book.

but wasnt so sure tbh

malbon
14-12-2005, 00:43
dont bother. put it this way - if you owned a fleet of supercars and sat in the passenger seat whilst some unknown with a smile on his face sat to the right of you what would you do ?

This is what they do. Nail it in a straight line no problem but they moan about you being harsh with the controls, make you brake very early, dont let you corner like you want to etc.. as you would expect.

If you've never been on track before then sure, woopee im driving a Ferrari and it accelerates, sounds and feels like nothing else. 5 minutes later and your bored though.

A friend of mine has just set up this company. You can hire their car all day for about £500 - you can even split it with your mate . And you can drive it how you like !

Not a Ferrari but if your into driving fast as opposed to posing around then its much better value.

www.ontrackmotorsport.co.uk

Zollo
14-12-2005, 00:58
Ooo, that looks good...

Gav
14-12-2005, 00:58
they only lend that one car?

Zollo
14-12-2005, 01:01
That one type of car yeah, but they have more than one of them available. Looks good, but a bit disappointing there's only the one spec though :(

malbon
14-12-2005, 01:11
They have a few cars but its all the same spec. They are good fun. You have to understand they are hiring them out to ANYBODY so they have to be sensible with what they provide.

I mean giving a Caterham R400 to 1.4RT driver is like giving a kid a shotgun :lol:

Andyvalver
14-12-2005, 10:48
dont bother. put it this way - if you owned a fleet of supercars and sat in the passenger seat whilst some unknown with a smile on his face sat to the right of you what would you do ?

This is what they do. Nail it in a straight line no problem but they moan about you being harsh with the controls, make you brake very early, dont let you corner like you want to etc.. as you would expect.

If you've never been on track before then sure, woopee im driving a Ferrari and it accelerates, sounds and feels like nothing else. 5 minutes later and your bored though.

A friend of mine has just set up this company. You can hire their car all day for about £500 - you can even split it with your mate . And you can drive it how you like !

Not a Ferrari but if your into driving fast as opposed to posing around then its much better value.

www.ontrackmotorsport.co.uk

I thought the experience was quite good mate. They dont let you hammer it round the bends but tbh if it was your car would you let me? I was happy with giving it the beans on the straights and with that sort of power to lay down out the bends i wound probably of smashed it up for them lol.
Overall its a good experience if not a little expensive but i can now say i have drive a 328 and a 360 :wink:

It seems to me your just advertising your mates new buisness :roll:

malbon
14-12-2005, 19:52
Thats what i mean though. If your only aim is to say that ive driven a ferrari and have a brief blast down the straights then thats fine !

Im not advertising but have done a few trackdays in my Exige with this guys company and it just struck me as good vfm not having to worry about your tyres/brakes/pride etc !

Im also getting a Williams in the next few weeks so ill post some pics if and when i find the right one :)

Zollo
14-12-2005, 20:48
Im also getting a Williams in the next few weeks so ill post some pics if and when i find the right one :)

Good luck with the search mate 8)

Martin
14-12-2005, 22:17
exige to williams :shock: I presume the willy is going to your runabout..you keeping the lotus?

malbon
15-12-2005, 00:49
nope. exige (or elise ms) to williams :lol:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/53711.htm :(

But yes im hoping to run a williams alongside another Lotus in the spring. Hopefully one of these - a Type R conversion Elise.

http://prbusa.kirrapak.com/elise/honda/GT3Cup.MPG 13 meg.

That 911 GT3 Cup is on slicks btw and the elise is on road tyres :shock:

Zollo
15-12-2005, 01:21
I'm guessing a Type R conversion is the Civic Type R engine? Sounds super charged? Either way, that was very, very quick indeed down that straight :shock:

Would like to have seen the footage after that though, as it looked like the Cup was going to pull away once it had a clear track. Before that it was just being held up by the other cars :?

Martin
15-12-2005, 01:31
good vid looked pretty even....

malbon
15-12-2005, 01:35
Thats right. Though this is not the scharged version afaik. just boggo type R with remap prob. be about 220 bhp. sc hondas are nearer 300 i think and will do 100 in about 7 !!!

800kg / 220bhp = 275bhp/ton

the owner said this -

es it is Eastern Creek, Sydney. Not sure what was going on with my left hand too busy laugh in my helmet.

The only reason I didn't pass him earlier was the rule for this particular track day only allowed passing if the car in front acknowledged you and pointed to their preferred side to pass. Obviously he would not be in it. Straight was fair game. I passed him off line coming onto the straight and out dragged him fair and square. He was on the limiter in each gear. I had to yeild at the end of the straight at 245km/h+ because my tyres were melted and there is no way I could take that corner flat. He was not impressed nor was the team of Porsche mechanics that prep the car.

Was 35C out there and rear tyres were up to 90C when I pitted.

:shock: :shock:

Zollo
15-12-2005, 01:47
Yeah, the supercharged Type R Ariel Atom weighs 500 kilos, and that does 0-100 in 7-seconds. The heavier Elise is certainly gonna be under 10 seconds, which is mentally quick :twisted:

Still not sure he'd have out-paced the Porsche for the whole lap, but considering he was on road tyres, that's still mightly impressive. Would make a bargain second hand buy if you could find one 8)

malbon
15-12-2005, 02:02
yup the atoms are cool. nearly had one myself but dont have as much downforce as the elise or exige and so cant corner quite as quick - hence why you see some of the race ones with huge spoilers on.

The sc honda must be a little slower to accelerate though in a straight.

oh yeah....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/54327.htm

so scarey how quick these things are in the right hands :roll:

Zollo
15-12-2005, 10:10
Looks good, now get your mate to buy one as a track day hire car :D