PDA

View Full Version : Need part numbers urgently!!!

J o n
12-12-2005, 10:10
For a top gearbox mount (one under battery)
part number for diff circlips

My gearbox mount snapped on Friday in rush hour traffic, so the box is now sitting on the subframe...

fab
12-12-2005, 10:22
Nearside, you need 7700818994 £69.92
Offside - this is made of 3 pieces - the rubber is available on its own, so maybe you just need to order this. 7700806577 £25.00

Dogbone - 7700849715 £26.91

this was copy and pasted from an earlier post of mine.hope it helps. :wink:

J o n
12-12-2005, 10:41
which part no is for the top gearbox mount from those then? the one that's gone is directly under the battery tray and it's completely snapped off... lol

fab
12-12-2005, 10:47
You mad Fooker :lol:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5863

Pretty sure its the nearside one.there are only three mate.the one under the battery the dogbone and the offside.

northy
12-12-2005, 10:48
id get the full assembly jesus, no point doing half a job.

Oh - and order a R19 metal mount and rubber aswell. That stops any movement of the engine

J o n
12-12-2005, 10:55
right, so get the whole thing? so that's all those part numbers then Northy? It's only this pin thing that seems to have gone... oh i'm confused... need to get this sorted though, the train replacement service is ****ing pants, took me almost 2 ****in hours to get in :? driver took two wrong turns and tried going down closed roads... you'd think they knew...

fab
12-12-2005, 11:00
wheres the car now?in the garage or at home.whos gonna do the work for ye?

J o n
12-12-2005, 11:12
it's sat outside my house at the moment, luckily it happened only 100m from my house, so i'm hoping no other damage has been caused...

2 live is going to sort it on Wednesday for me, so just trying to get the parts in before hand... he said I need the top mount thing and some diff circlips... that's about all I know really... so looks like i'm after the offside mount?

northy
12-12-2005, 11:14
not sure on the other partnumbers mate

but get a full replacment gearbox mount.

and order a R19 metal mount and rubber from renault aswell as a mod.

ben will be fitting this to your car anyway so might as well do it when the engines lifted to do the box mount.

p.s u carnt fit this unless the engine is lifted slightly.

fab
12-12-2005, 11:15
Nearside if its the one by the battery.
If two_live is in a good mood get him to do the lot for ye :wink:
Do no harm if they havent been done before.
Are you positive its the mounts?

J o n
12-12-2005, 11:42
Northy, it's almost Xmas mate, not really looking for anything extra to waste money on really... this cars going off the road for a while soon anyway, I'm sick to death of the constant problems... nearly always something that's major to replace, or a major arsehole to get to and requires engine out...
I'm having one last throw of the dice with this car by way of giving it to 2 live to completely overhaul... if it's still unreliable it's getting ****ed off then.

Oh, can't wait for Ben to sort it, it's not going to his until Feb and towing it there would cost a fair bit... needs to be sorted now really, as I really really need a car for work... i'd actually sell it now if someone gave me the money for it, i've pretty much had enough

Fab, not positive on anything really mate, the only thing I know for certain is when I put my hand under the battery tray there is a thick pin/screw and it has snapped off... everything else looks fine including the mount itself tbh... all though I can't really be sure as I'm not mechanically minded and prefer to leave the fixing to the pro's.

fab
12-12-2005, 11:44
They can be a real heart breaker these cars.
Leave it with 2_live and take it from there.

J o n
12-12-2005, 11:56
yeah it certainly is and it's way past it's last chance now really... I think it will be going in the new year really, I cant take anymore of this. first and foremost I need a car that can get me to work reliably and this isn't doing, too many times have I had to fanny about with trains and taxi's just to get into work... is it worth it really?

if it goes I dont think i'll bother with performance cars again either, it's well put me off... i now need reliability...

fab
12-12-2005, 12:03
Mate I went the same road few years back,and as you may find out reliabilty can be boring :D
but if you need it then get out of the renault or keep it for those fun days :wink:

and to think that next week i'm going on a 2000km journey with mine :shock: I must be bonkers!

J o n
12-12-2005, 12:08
yeah dont get me wrong, I don't mind a bit of unreliability, I had an old F reg Fiesta so am used to it... this thing is a different animal however, it's the most unreliable car I have ever owned... I'm even considering one of those gay as **** MK2 Clio's... they have a Trophy at my local Reno, which okay, it's a bit of a birds car and not that quick, but it will be more reliable and have warrenty... the Willy just gives me shit and makes me want to hate it...

MatBrown
12-12-2005, 12:09
Fab, not positive on anything really mate, the only thing I know for certain is when I put my hand under the battery tray there is a thick pin/screw and it has snapped off... everything else looks fine including the mount itself tbh... all though I can't really be sure as I'm not mechanically minded and prefer to leave the fixing to the pro's.

Me and my mate had to fix this on a car i collected Saturday, you should be able to just buy the metal pin, we bodged it with a bolt as we didn't know it was gone till we got there, annoying thing is i have one sitting at home!
Not sure why you need the diff circlips?

Mat.

James Clio 16v
12-12-2005, 12:12
The pin snapped on mine.

You just need a new pin from Renault, £15 iirc.

FlamingMonkey
12-12-2005, 12:33
Get a Civic Type R, sorted then

Swervin_Mervin
12-12-2005, 12:40
I'm even considering one of those gay as f**k MK2 Clio's... they have a Trophy at my local Reno, which okay, it's a bit of a birds car and not that quick, but it will be more reliable and have warrenty... the Willy just gives me s**t and makes me want to hate it...

GAY, GAY, GAY! :wink:

Probably won't be more reliable, let's be honest. If you're going to change, Jap or German seems the way forward. Old skool beemers are my current thing.

Doesn't sound like much has broken though TBH.

J o n
12-12-2005, 13:53
Righto, think it is just the pin tbh, the mount itself looks to be fine. I'll get my dad to check tonight and see...

Big no to a CTR, hate em, plus round Manchester way people are getting shot for them... gansta car now!

Mike, I actually quite like the Trophy, think it looks smart and they seem to go okay and handle okay too. Nik's was going round Donny when I was on track and seemed to cover ground fairly quick... okay, its no Williams, but it's newer and will be less hassle than my current car regardless... it's impossible that it could cost me more in the warranty period... as long as it aint at the dealer all the time though... that would piss me off... lol

VIPERONE
12-12-2005, 15:17
mine did that on day one of the engine conversion...

luckily the bolt that goes over the spike had come off.. made a right bang ai thought i'd snapped the cam belt at first.. its not a major piece of work by all means....

good luck :-)