PDA

View Full Version : My recomendation for kwik fit!

Allan
12-12-2005, 00:07
Ok i think every one should use quickfit as they are amazing!!!

I went into kwik fit in Derby to get my front wheels balanced, a simple task you would think....

Firstly i went in knowing my wheels were out of blance asked them to balance the front. After checking the 1st wheel the guy comes back to say yes its not balanced, so i thought ok fair enough get to it, anyways he balances and comes back to check that im sure i want the 2nd wheel doing, so i say yes and he runs off and check it and then comes back to tell me yes this one is indeed out of balance by this time im thinking hes probably a retard and really just cant do the job with out confirmation.... the story contunes

So anyways he finaly finish's balacing the wheels after about 40 minutes of pissing about running backwards and forwards and then begins to put the wheels back on and yet again he comes back and says there is a problem so at this point im thinking i could have trained a monkey to do a better job ;S He then proceeds to get his manager who explains to me how my wheel nuts must have had metal fatigue as they have snapped 2 of the wheel nuts into the hub :S
But what amazed me most was they said they didnt fix problems like that and that i would have to find some who could ! and billed me the full amount and just sent me on my way with 2 wheel nuts :S
So just went home drilled them out and put 2 new ones on.

the moral of the storyNEVER use kwik fit in derby if you want a working car after!

Willy 2
12-12-2005, 00:12
THoughts running through my mind are

a) why didnt you chin him! :lol:
b) hit him with a cro bar :D
c) run him over :wink:

They are such a bunch of tools they really are. And it seems to be in every kwick fit location. Perhaps thats how they recruit them :shock:

big hp
12-12-2005, 00:23
I'd of lost it with them. I hate people like that.

Coops
12-12-2005, 00:53
not used kwik fit EVER since me mam got f**ked about like that by them when i was about 10! remeber her ranting and raving for hours at em cuz a 5 min job took 3 days in the end cuz they were so incompetent!never risked usin em since!!! :D

got a little place near me, private owned n i know the guy now so he cuts me a good deal when i get tyres etc!

MatBrown
12-12-2005, 00:56
I always take the wheels in on there own if i need anything doing.

One good thing i will say about Kwik Fit is the fact they do not charge for removing tyres from rims, only the fitting.

Mat.

BRUN
12-12-2005, 01:13
well my local Kwik Fit once helped me with an exhaust problem i was having, it was a Sunday, 3:30pm, and i needed to get to Wigan from St Helens, they managed to bodge something together that lasted me a few days for a fiver cash in hand, i was very happy as without that id have been ****ed

Tom_16v
12-12-2005, 01:17
lol I've never taken my car to kwik fit and never will!

Gav
12-12-2005, 10:34
a guy on clio sport took his valver in and because it was low it hit the ramp when it was coming off.
Also he zoomed off the ramp and didnt take it slow, they had K.O'd his fanimold n exhaust and blamed the owner as his car was too low

lol...charged him n everything!

wanks

Mattie
12-12-2005, 11:20
a guy on clio sport took his valver in and because it was low it hit the ramp when it was coming off.
Also he zoomed off the ramp and didnt take it slow, they had K.O'd his fanimold n exhaust and blamed the owner as his car was too low

wanks

lol ye i red this post.....think he managed to get a discount in the end after fonin the complaints dept up, allthough it was a discount on the work that needed doin becase they had ****d it up!

Gav
12-12-2005, 12:10
exactly, he has still gotta fix his exhuast now tho.

major companies like these dont give a shit about run of the mill old cars, they only look after the over £30 grand cars.

best goin to a private garage

Tommo
12-12-2005, 16:38

wanks

I'm always bemused when I hear storys like this and people pay in full. Personally I would refuse flatly to pay them until they fixed the damage they caused. If they still refused to do so I would get the keys and drive off. I would then call my cousin (who happens to be a solicitor) and get him to send a letter to their head office stating that if they are liable for the damage and if they didn't pay to fix the car in 7 days he would take legal action. You'd be surprised to see how quick they would cough up for the damage they caused!

Zollo
13-12-2005, 00:07

wanks

lol ye i red this post.....think he managed to get a discount in the end after fonin the complaints dept up, allthough it was a discount on the work that needed doin becase they had ****d it up!

Wasn't this u33db from F7?

MatBrown
13-12-2005, 02:46
Yeah.

Mat.