PDA

View Full Version : kendal to keswick sprint or a590, ulpha, seathwaite.

fasterthanjesus
09-12-2005, 15:45
leaving kendal and heading through windermere and ambleside and then theres a long straight fast road to keswick (in between a couple of big hills).

its a good drive, i used to do it with work in a focus diesel. if the long road to keswick gets dull, you can turn back and go anti clockwise and head back down towards newby bridge along some great twisty roads with some stunning scenery.

alternatively there is a pub called the Newfield Inn. Its off the a590, following signs for ulpha and then seathwaite. Its the most remote place ive ever been to, the drive is stunning, it ends up being a single road for about the last couple of miles, but the food in the newfield inn is well worth it! (all home cooked food).

things to note, a590 is well patrolled by the local blues, and theres often one or two static speed traps set up. the run from kendal to keswick is good, fast smooth roads, plenty of twisty bits, not much other traffic. just watch out for any rogue sheep !

im suggesting this could be a good idea in the spring for a meet.

Daz.
09-12-2005, 22:07
nice roads up there, I've never driven the clio up there last few times I'be been up is in my mates 1.0l corse :shock: he drives so fooooking slowly too!

Justin..
09-12-2005, 22:14
nice roads up there, I've never driven the clio up there last few times I'be been up is in my mates 1.0l corse :shock: he drives so fooooking slowly too!

lol, he cant help it mate :lol:

Daz.
10-12-2005, 00:56
well I used to think that but he took me for a spin once in his boss' m3 - well spin 20mph drive to the local chavdonals heh...

He just drives like a bitch :D