PDA

View Full Version : Williams passes mot with no cat

bigjim
08-12-2005, 20:17
:D forgot to mention this before. got mot this week and it passed no bother without a cat, this was the new computerised mot btw. just thought id let u all know before u all go sticking your cats back on for mot time.

BRUN
08-12-2005, 20:27
so did they put it through on a cat test ?

bigjim
08-12-2005, 20:42
eh dunno mate? all i know is it passed. i know the boy at the garage though and he was pre warned that the cat was off. :wink:

BRUN
08-12-2005, 20:47
did you get the print out ?

what does it say on it ?

any chance of a scan/pic ?

jay s
08-12-2005, 21:12
mine passed without the cat 2 weeks ago, was told it came up as a pre cat :shock: even tho its a k reg,this was on the new computer system.

Willy 2
08-12-2005, 21:21
Catalytic Converter By-pass Pipe.
CBPCW
Direct replacement straight through pipes allow exhaust gases to vacate the engine far quicker allowing better filing of the combustion chamber aiding engine pick up and power. (Vehicles registered after 01/08/92 require a cat for emission regulations). Supplied with mounting bolts

This extract is from Hill Powers webiste.

bigjim
08-12-2005, 22:00
ive got a copy of the new pass certificate thats all. will it say anything on that about emissions?

Tommo
09-12-2005, 14:39
:D forgot to mention this before. got mot this week and it passed no bother without a cat, this was the new computerised mot btw. just thought id let u all know before u all go sticking your cats back on for mot time.

Got my MOT next week mate, hope it passes with no cat like yours did! The old cat is knackered so if it fails on emissions will have to buy a new one... :(

TriO`
09-12-2005, 15:40
good news that, my valver failed miserably without a CAT

Martin
09-12-2005, 15:41

Got my MOT next week mate, hope it passes with no cat like yours did! The old cat is knackered so if it fails on emissions will have to buy a new one... :(

I'm sure someone will lend you one fella...I know Gaz has a cat lying about....

GazTwo
09-12-2005, 15:52
Yep I've got a CAT hanging about if u need to borrow it.

Tommo
09-12-2005, 16:04
Yep I've got a CAT hanging about if u need to borrow it.

Cheers for that mate, well it's going in next Thursday so if it fails I'll give you a shout!