PDA

View Full Version : Transporting bulky itmes - Help!

OliS
08-12-2005, 14:18
Well I think I have finally found the right bonnet for my missus's Williams, but the problem is Winston16V is oop North and I am down south.

Too far for me to go and collect, so how can I go about getting this bonnet down to me?

I was thinking about contacting Parcel Force or someone like that to collect from him and deliver down to me, is this the best way to do it?

What have you lot done before when you have had to transport bulky goods over long distances?

u33db
08-12-2005, 17:54
Usually by courior but you'll find most will moan if its not packed properly in case it damages other stuff in transit. Also some couriors charge by box dimensions rather than item weight so watch out for that too...

Zollo
08-12-2005, 17:55
Answered the question yourself there really! Get Parcel Force (or any other courier service) to pick it up. Winston may have to arrange it though, not sure.

Lunner
08-12-2005, 18:39
I had my bonnet delivered by postvan.com .....dunno how much it was seller arranged it.

Basiucally out pipe lagging along teh edges to protect tehm and the packaged it up wit parcel tape.

if you wanna arrange it for Winston they collect and then deliver

OliS
09-12-2005, 09:18
Cheers fellas, I know I kinda answered my own question, just wanted to see if I had the right idea :D

Will contact Winston and postvan.com and get it sorted! My missus is gonna love me! :wink:

OliS
09-12-2005, 14:54
Anyone know what the weight of the Williams/Valver bonnet is? Need it to price up the delivery...

Cheers! :D

Lunner
09-12-2005, 19:47
Guessing from picking it up about 15kgs give or take...

OliS
12-12-2005, 08:53
Thanks Lunner :D

Coops
12-12-2005, 20:28
how bout the cylinder head?how much that weigh? i aint got any scales at home! i gotta post that fooker! minus all trim its just the head!!!no stat housin or manifold or out like that!