PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt, tuned williams engine. (How much is it worth?)

case
07-12-2005, 12:12
I'm looking at selling my car and i've been thinking it might be better to sell the engine seperatly. As the cars got a body kit etc, and most who may be intrested in my car probably couldn't afford to insure it with a 2ltr in. I was just wondering how much i could get for it.

its been fully rebuilt roughly 4 000 miles ago,
its got:
re-ground piper cams,
Vernier pulleys - timed properly,
New followers,
Lightended and balanced crank,
Lightended and balanced flywheel,
Group N clutch 4 000 miles old,
All new seals and rings,
Recon gearbox,

It would come with everything needed, such as all wiring, ECU, powersteering pump, alternator, etc attached.

If i did this i'd look at re-coning a 16v engine and fitting that so i'd be tempted in a part ex.

Any ideas what sort of price i could hope for?

Many thanks
Mark

northy
07-12-2005, 12:16
how come your selling mate ????

youve just finished it !

case
07-12-2005, 12:20
yeah i've finished it and my fun was always with tinkering. I'm getting bored of just driving it, and i can't drive it fast for fear of damaging the bodywork etc, takes the fun out of it when its like that.

Might get a elise and try to tune up the engine, next.

dannyt
07-12-2005, 13:47
Case, which williams was it out of?

How many miles had it covered before the rebuild?
How much did the rebuild cost?
And how much would you like to get for it?

Cheers

Danny

case
07-12-2005, 14:41
It was out of a williams 3 which had 65, 000 miles on it. I bought the whole car which had side impact damage.

Almost everything has been re-conditioned. I'm unsure how much i have spent on the engine but i'd guess about £5,000. I'll have to dig the reiepts out.

I really have no idea what its worth, i'd hope for a bit with the gear box, loom, ecu, etc. I just want a decent price to justify taking it out and swopping for a std 16v engine. I'm not too sure it'll increase the value of the car all that much, which is a shame.

dan-hipgrave
07-12-2005, 18:12
I'll give you £500 cash and pick it up this weekend :lol: :lol:

Nah seriously, im very interested in this, so state a price you'd want and maybe we could sort something if you did decide to sell.....

Dan_mk1
07-12-2005, 18:51
How much fella? Id be interested...have got a decent valver lump for px too :D

Daz.
07-12-2005, 23:15
If I hadn't have just payed £££ for a respray I'd have given you my good strong engine and £1500 quid if you'd have plonked it in....

Why does nothing get timed right in this world!

2 live
08-12-2005, 11:50
whos done the tuning?

case
10-12-2005, 15:10
GDI have done the tunning and i have reciepts to prove everything. With a decent ECU set-up Andy says it should be good for just ver 180bhp.

Coops
02-01-2006, 02:07
atw or atf?

i cant afford it am just interested!!

when u say u cant drive it fast for fear of damaging the cars bodywork? why dont u buy a valver cheap off ebay, switch engines n flog the body kitted thing? then u get to use ur engine properly in a shell u dont care about so much! just me but seems a shame for you to spend all that time money n effort on the engine only to let sum1 else realise its potential!u shud get the fun!! :twisted:

edde
02-01-2006, 02:56
atw or atf?
ATF that will be 180 at the wheels is about 210 fly which just isnt possible with that spec engine.

Coops
02-01-2006, 11:48
thats what i figured, but u never know with these little dark horse frenchie engines!! :twisted:

2 live
02-01-2006, 16:08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GDI have done the tunning

180@the wheels wud b impossible

case
03-01-2006, 11:00
Decided to keep it for abit and get it mint for French Car Show where i might have a go at selling it whole. Thanks for the intrest and if i don't get any interest at the FCS no doubt the engine will definatley be up for sale.

Thanks Mark