PDA

View Full Version : Will i be able to beat...

Willy 2
06-12-2005, 22:11
....my mates 172 Cup? I thought that with my car, to be half stripped out, and with a pipercross induction kit and decat exhaust, i might have the run on him down the quarter mile.

It turns out that he now has a cat back magnex exhaust and a BMC induction kit!!!

In early this year when it was still cold and damp, i just beat him down the pod in 15.2 to his 15.289. My car was semi stripped. Those times were faster than CTR's of the day. CRAP weather and all that.

What are the chances now??

Add a remap to the scenario too if that will make any difference.

J o n
06-12-2005, 22:17
depends really mate. tbh I'd imagine the Cup will be quicker most of the time, however your going to be down on power with an open IK regardless of time of year... I ran an open IK for over a year and honestly they are crap. they don't gain, they are proven to lose power... airbox and panel filter will free up a little power, but mainly make the delivery smoother (well, did on mine).

With those mods I think he'll just about have the legs on you now, but i wouldn't bother getting a chip, I'd get more mods and get a proper remap. safer and better gains.

Willy 2
06-12-2005, 22:27
Thanks for the feedback. Well i guess im just going to have to bide my time and get some AWT cams in there along with a remap. :twisted:

Martin
06-12-2005, 23:20
Get the cams and you will have him by the short n curlies lol If not it will be close.... weird how some cups are a lot slower than others

Mattie
07-12-2005, 10:09
BMCs are the nads!

my m8s got 1 on his corsa sport 1.6 and it flys!!! think hes had a few other small things dun but they do make a diference, not sure on what they quote in bhp increase but be careful! lol