PDA

View Full Version : I need to find supersprint manifold + advice

Dan x2c
05-12-2005, 12:49
basically i'm starting to source some bits and pieces to go in the williams when i find my ideal one....just wondered whether people could answer the following for me please....

where can i get a supersprint manifold? - i've looked everywhere, but cant seem to find them to buy online for the williams

the engine bays gunna mint, as ive got a bit put aside to make sure of it, i just wondered whether people think the hillpower relocated i/k would be a good choice as it looks good and all i've heard is good things about it.

also am after hoses for the engine, was originally goin to go for the samco hoses, but there a slightly different blue to the hillpower induction reclocation pipe (and as im a bit of a tart i want it all to match!!), so are the hoses hillpower supply exactly the same as the samco ones, same quantity etc and roughly same price??

finally anyone got a clue how much the hillpower carbon plenum cover is?

cheers in advance

TriO`
05-12-2005, 12:58
i think you can get a supersprint manifold from K-Tec, IIRC they call it K-tec's but it is identical or infact the same as supersprints...

the Hillpower relocated kit is good but you will have to relocate your window washer bottle if you go for this option...

I think the hoses are identical to Samcos they just are manifactured with hillpowers logo on them instead.

not sure about the carbon cover mate.

northy
05-12-2005, 13:01
you can also order a manifold from supersprint.

But there is a mild steel one on ebay aswell that looks ok.

Plattsy
05-12-2005, 13:05
ktecs is the supersprint one, it has a supersprint tag welded to it and it comes in a sealed supersprint bag :D
Supersprint is expensive but i thought it was worth the cash!

Dan x2c
05-12-2005, 13:17
cheers for that, i've just found the k-tec one, and will prob purchase that in the coming week.

also am i right in thinkin that the hillpower relocated i/k is better than k-tecs version of the viper??

I dont mind moving the washer bottle........that shouldnt be too bigger problem.

Gav
05-12-2005, 13:47
k-tecs is around 300 and adds up to 10bhp. Got one ordered for my new engine

northy
05-12-2005, 13:48
doesnt add 10bhp mate, id say 3 or 5 max.

Andyvalver
05-12-2005, 14:18
Lol, i was waiting for that. I thought it woul add 50bhp :lol:

:wink:

Jamie.
05-12-2005, 14:21
adds a few extra horses but does lower the peak power somewhat so the "feelable" gains tends to be more though

Mattie
05-12-2005, 14:30
id say 3 or 5 max.

id think that was with a stainless steel and decat as well????

northy
05-12-2005, 14:40
id say 5 - 7max with a full exhaust then mate.

Plattsy
05-12-2005, 16:18
the viper kills bottom end power it needs a cold air feed for it regardless what ktec say! mine was alot quicker with OE airbox and panel filter than the viper was! Wudnt spend £225 on a viper if i was you!

Plattsy
05-12-2005, 16:19
get a cheap cone filter and get a pipe made and relocate it towards the foglight then get a cold air feed to it!
or
remove the battery and put it in the boot and put the filter behind the headlamp! then when you go on RWYB or track days all you need do is remove the light and you get loads of air entering the engine bay and the filter!

Dan x2c
05-12-2005, 16:20
cheers for clearing that up mate, when i first saw it i thought it'd be a good investment, but after readin a few threads about it, it caused some doubt.

I think the hillpower i/k will be the one for me!

jay s
05-12-2005, 21:03
i don't think the viper is to bad, ive seemed to notice a topend performance loss when going bach to std airbox and miss that awesome sound that u get from it :( , not a problem tho as im about to fit a bmc....

Martin
06-12-2005, 13:43
stnd airbox all the way just picked one up to replace my hillpower i/k