PDA

View Full Version : FAO Lunner

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 20:55
Cadwell Park bring it on!!!! LOL :lol: changed title so peeps don't get wrong idea

Lunner
04-12-2005, 20:55
Bring it oooon!!

Fancy a little wager? :wink:

Rich
04-12-2005, 20:57
lol i'm up fpr a good do but if anyone starts driving like a prick to prove a point and stuffs me intro a wall i WILL make you have to sit down to take a piss for the rest of your life :wink:
but aside from my friendly warning BRING IT ON woooohooo :twisted:

Lunner
04-12-2005, 21:00
NOOOOOO!!!

This is a FRIENDLY battle, if anyone starts driving like a prick i'm stopping, and thats it its all over

richy
04-12-2005, 21:01
once upon a time there was a boy who owned a RSI(disease riddled car), who wanted to prove to his older more wiser counter parts that his small and low down powered RSI could match the might of the wiser more educated guys 16v clios on track, when he stumbled across a chance to prove this at the infamous cadwell park, the day finally came and the cars were lined up ready to run, sweat was pouring from his head in anticipation of the mistake he may of made challenging the more older wiser duo? 'this could be it' he said as he put his helmet on and climbed into his car.........

top gears on let someone lese finish it!! :lol:

Rich
04-12-2005, 21:07
NOOOOOO!!!

This is a FRIENDLY battle, if anyone starts driving like a prick i'm stopping, and thats it its all over
good good, just thought i'd warn :lol: will be a good battle me thinks! is it an interior strip job or not? well bayliss's is stripped i'll leave mine in full trim and i believe yours is stripped lunner so we will see if yours is any good :P

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 21:14
who's gonna be designated lap timer as we're not allowed to race properly round track, so we'll do this via lap times

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:06
Was gonna do it following cars round track, we'll see how it goes like that, i suspect they will be very evenly paced.

What i don't want to happen, and prolly will is i will start pushing harder and harder and end up binning it.

I recon at a set time we do the timing say at 11am, and we get so many laps each, obvously traffic will play a big part, and someone is timing them, but if we don't know the lap times it takes the pressure to push harder and harder.

Also there is to be NO instruction by anyone, instructor or mates before hand, which means no passengers

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:08
Tempted to take out passenger seat and top dash :lol:

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:10
Presume none of us have done cadwell park before?

richy
04-12-2005, 22:10
lol ur really taking this seriosu arnt ya!

richy
04-12-2005, 22:11
and as u all should know racing and lap timing is a big no no!

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:12
Hence why i'm suggesting it being done with none of us knowing lap times.

or we coudl do what i was gonna do before...go out and dick around on track, and see who's is faster lol

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 22:13
lunner u do realise we're having your life here mate bcos u think an RSI is fastest thing going :lol:

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:15
lunner u do realise we're having your life here mate bcos u think an RSI is fastest thing going :lol:

LOL

Not fastest thing going, just faster then than a valver...its also lighter as std by about 30 kgs :lol:

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 22:18
and a valver has 8 more valves and is obviously quicker otherwise it would be other way round a valver would be a rsi and a rsi be a valver then wouldn't it, otherwise the rsi would be having the flared arches etc, now stop being silly and stop being a lil pissflap and give this "rsi is quicker than a valver" business a rest will ya

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:19
and a valver has 8 more valves and is obviously quicker otherwise it would be other way round a valver would be a rsi and a rsi be a valver then wouldn't it, otherwise the rsi would be having the flared arches etc, now stop being silly and stop being a lil pissflap and give this "rsi is quicker than a valver" business a rest will ya

:lol:

:roll:

Have i touched a nerve?

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 22:20

:lol:

:roll:

Have i touched a nerve?

no mate just bored of u arguing a losing battle

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:20
Don't read the posts then :roll:

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 22:21
well i try to read other peoples views but every second post is you :lol:

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:23
Fact: RSi has more low down torque

Fact: Valver has more top end torque

Fact: valver has more straight line speed

Debatable: Valver is faster round a corner

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 22:25
Fact: RSi has more low down torque

Fact: Valver has more top end torque

Fact: valver has more straight line speed

Debatable: Valver is faster round a corner

well lunner as most people have told ya u don't often drop below 3k of revs when going round every corner, so whats this point of yours a rsi would beat a valver round track when u only likely to drop below 3k of revs in a valver once a lap depending on course, for example on angelsy u only drop below 3 k once on track so u might get a better set off on 1 corner but what about rest of track???

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:27
The answer to that question is in the other thread, this has been discussed, i don't want two threads debating it

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 22:29
bcos u know u can't win it, okay then round donnington there is 1 'S' bend u slow down for below 3k of revs in a 16v probably not even that, so how would a RSI beat a valver round donnington???

Lunner
04-12-2005, 22:31
Since when did it become below 3k revs, from what i remember driving a valver it don't come on cam and have power tehre till about 4k revs....how many times do you fdrop below 4k revs?

I'm not talking about power at 2k revs here :roll:

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 22:36
Since when did it become below 3k revs, from what i remember driving a valver it don't come on cam and have power tehre till about 4k revs....how many times do you fdrop below 4k revs?

I'm not talking about power at 2k revs here :roll:

well your saying a rsi would have better acceleration out of a corner on track which would allow it to go faster round 'A TRACK' regardless of which track it was, than a valver would bcos it doesn't come on cam till 4k then, but how often do u drop below 4 k bcos if it was me driving i would try stay on cam for 99% of the time by shifting down a gear for the corner therefore being on cam and having better torque out of a corner!!!! so explain to me how on every corner a RSI would be better bcos i'm still failing to understand how it would be quicker round any track unless this track your talking about has 2 tight hairpins which require the driver to drop to less than 4k of revs in any gear which are 250 yards apart and its a little oval

Rich
04-12-2005, 23:32
tell you what lets settle it, a willy would beat us both :lol: (until cadwell so stop the talking and let the driving settle it :wink: )

Plattsy
05-12-2005, 07:26
a standard valver would win on the track, even if you did a corner faster as soon as the valvers power came on hed be passed you.
Valver lap times wud be better!
Valver has better suspension, handling and brakes than the rsi!
RSi has diddy brakes, poor suspension and handling wont be half as good as a valver.
Do a lap in yours and do a lap in a valver lunner then say which is quicker!

J o n
05-12-2005, 09:33
What i don't want to happen, and prolly will is i will start pushing harder and harder and end up binning it.

so what your really saying is this may happen because you will have to push that hard to keep up with the superior power 'and' torque of the valver? ;)