PDA

View Full Version : holyhead to folkestone

fab
03-12-2005, 22:34
Any ideas on time here lads.
Will be landing in holyhead at midnight.
Michelen and AA are saying 6 hours.
Afraid I will have to be there sooner than that.

lewis_willy2
03-12-2005, 22:53
folkestone

thats where i live :D

why u comin here, its a hole!!!!

richy
04-12-2005, 00:33
proberly to catch the nearest ferry out lol

derv
04-12-2005, 12:09
im afraid you are looking at least 6 hours even with a straight run, i live in the midlands, on a good day(with a bit of traffic) ive got to folkestone in 4.5 hours and holyhead in about 3, thats with minimal breaks.

fab
04-12-2005, 12:30
proberly to catch the nearest ferry out lol

:)
Need to catch the euro tunnel at 6.
I went and booked it online thinking a yeah 6 hours should do it however i'm beginning to think it may take the full 6 to get there and as you need to be there at least an hour before..
the thing is the ticket is non tranferable.shite.

350 miles it is.
If I average 80 its about 4.5 hours.No fuel stops hopefully as a full tank should get that range.

MrAtego
04-12-2005, 12:32
If I where you fab I'd try and get an earlier ferry, you won't do Holyhead to folkstone in less than 6 hrs. A55 can be full of plod, even at that early hour, you should be fine on the M6 as it will be early morning. But at the time you will be hitting M1 M25 you'll be getting to rush hour and thats the killer. M1 can queue stop start from Luton and the M25 upto and including the Dartford crossing can be a nightmare. You may be lucky and get a clear run but if I where you plan for the worst.

Zollo
04-12-2005, 12:34
That is severely pushing if Fab :shock:

Generally if route planner and the like say it'll be six hours, it'll be five. But if you've got to be there an hour early, I'd leave with six hours. Better safe than sorry :)

You'll be doing well to get 350 miles out of the tank too :?

fab
04-12-2005, 13:13
Just checked the ticket again.
It can be amended probably for a fee but I better take the later train.
:wink:

FATBOY
04-12-2005, 15:36
If I where you fab I'd try and get an earlier ferry, you won't do Holyhead to folkstone in less than 6 hrs. A55 can be full of plod, even at that early hour, you should be fine on the M6 as it will be early morning. But at the time you will be hitting M1 M25 you'll be getting to rush hour and thats the killer. M1 can queue stop start from Luton and the M25 upto and including the Dartford crossing can be a nightmare. You may be lucky and get a clear run but if I where you plan for the worst.

i work around the dartford crossing area(essex side) and its a mare every morning!!!