PDA

View Full Version : oddity

tricky
03-12-2005, 13:46
Just whipped the engine out of my RSI only to notice that a previous owner must have put a williams tubular manifold on it. lol Always wondered why it was so darn torquey.

Anyway, Willy engine is nearly in now only problem so far is having to slide the rad in due to not having the removeable crossmember.

I'm hoping that the williams 3 ECU doesn't have a built in immobiliser but if it does, does anyone know weather Renault keep the emergency unlock codes on file for entry via the button on the end of the wiper stalk method?

MatBrown
03-12-2005, 14:12
The Williams manifold is not renowned for it's torque, which is why people tend to fit the 16v manifold instead.

Mat.

MatBrown
03-12-2005, 14:13
And the ECU doesn't have a built in immobilsier, none of the Williams did.

Mat.

Jimbob
03-12-2005, 14:30
...I'm pretty sure mine did as standard (williams 1) as it has a defunct electronic key slot next to the front fog light button with a red led?

Obviously I've superseeded it with a CAT 1 Toad alarm / immobiliser but I'm pretty sure no one else upgraded the alarm until I bought it? Could be wrong though.

tricky
03-12-2005, 16:31
thx for the replies

Chris H
03-12-2005, 17:07
thats the standard RSI manifold, its 4-1 and pretty crap tbh. Grind the dodgy weldign at the flange face and you'll get good gains.

And I mean really, a williams is a crossflow and an RSI isn't so there sno way the manifold will even get close to the head, never mind bolt up to it.

Daz
03-12-2005, 18:07
...I'm pretty sure mine did as standard (williams 1) as it has a defunct electronic key slot next to the front fog light button with a red led?

That's not standard.

tricky
03-12-2005, 22:18
Aye. Think it's pretty much sused now. Just had to hold off on the engine coz of the weather.

I've got the renault doccumentation on the RSI/16v immobiliser system and it looks like the little box o tricks sends a code to the ECU that has to match before it starts. Should be fine if the willy ECU is immobiliser-less.