PDA

View Full Version : Do u like the amount of attention ur car attracts?

Jamie.
03-12-2005, 11:03
i used to be well into it, id love it when i got attention however more recently i have had a u turn. when i go out i see these yobbos staring at my car, walking round it, giving me attention etc. i dont mind if its an entusiast etc but generally when i pull up at cinema etc theres alway lads by my car and i dont feel like there going to say "nice car mate" more like "give us ya fukcing keys or ill stap you" anyone else feel like that

Gav
03-12-2005, 11:45
all the time, and we hve no enthusiasts round here all yobbos. I just always lock my doors when im driving

byers
03-12-2005, 13:16
do they really get that much attention ive had mine 6month now and 1 person has had a look!! my reno 5 gt got more looks :(

BigBoreBri
03-12-2005, 13:26
Generally i had a few nice enthusiasts chat about the car..

Remember once som townie knobski running over with the usual "how fast u had out of it mate?"

Its like, errr get ur scummy mits of my car!! :twisted:

Gav
03-12-2005, 13:32
lol

Jimbob
03-12-2005, 13:44
I've had the odd bit of attention but what makes me laugh is I've had three notes left on my windscreen in the last year asking if I want to sell it!!!!

Do you see a for sale sign??? No, and there never will be!

Still, nice to feel wanted.

Clio b
03-12-2005, 13:56
I feel well sorry 4 u guys!

My car gets loads of attention.. it will get even more next week once its out the bodyshop!!

I luv drivin thru the town centre an bootin it.... Especially under tunnels! U c all the trampy girls turn around an wen they c its a bird drivin they jus give me a dodgy look an turn away!! An most blokes look impressed!! Excellent i think!

I neva get bad attention tho so its alrite 4 me!

Andyvalver
03-12-2005, 13:58
I dont think its your car that gets the attention luv :wink: :P

Jimbob
03-12-2005, 14:02
:lol:

The other kind of attention I dont like is the "old gripper shaking his head as I drive by syndrome". That gets on my tits. I was driving along my little cull de sac at about 10mph, hadnt even got out of 1st gear. Now, the Williams sounds loud even when its not moving :D and this old lady steps out about 20 feet ahead of me with her husband. I slow to about 5 mph and give them plenty of room, and the old man is shaking his head at me!! Just because of the look and the sound of the car he thinks I'm a boy racer and a threat to society (far from it!!). That is annoying. :evil:

Jimbob
03-12-2005, 14:03
...oh and I apologise to the old fella if his head was shaking due to some age related infliction. Im pretty sure it wasnt though.

Clio b
03-12-2005, 14:09
I totally agree wiv ya Jimbob.... U feel like jus bootin it past em once they start pointin their finger at u in discrace!

I hate attention from jealous girlfriends.... if ur kinda racin wiv a bloke an they got a bird in the car they neva look impressed!

U lot prob get sum jealous blokes wen their birds r checkin u out!

Jimbob
03-12-2005, 14:14
I do!!! :roll:

FATBOY
03-12-2005, 14:17
dont mind at all!!! they do look perplexed if im passing thru town and there all sitting there in there corsa's and other chav mobiles but what annoys me is having my metal dust caps nicked every time!(bought anti theft ones now)

richy
03-12-2005, 17:08
dont mind at all!!! they do look perplexed if im passing thru town and there all sitting there in there corsa's and other chav mobiles but what annoys me is having my metal dust caps nicked every time!(bought anti theft ones now)

firstly what the hell u got metal dust caps for, whats wrong with plastic ones! least they dont get nicked by some 13y/o pikey who wnats them for his bmx lol

i dont mind it, get both bad and good attention, for instance i pulled into GSF car park and 2 lads got out of a 205gti and had a look around mine, talking to me about it etc,and i had 2 kids on there scooters pull up asking if it was a turbo car and how fast does it go etc, but i had one person shout at me its a fake just a 1.2 :? fair enough lol,(he was in a astra lol) i got more worse attention from my VTR lol wander why? :lol:

Gav
03-12-2005, 17:16
firstly what the hell u got metal dust caps for, whats wrong with plastic ones! least they dont get nicked by some 13y/o pikey who wnats them for his bmx lol

lol :D sad but true

Andyvalver
03-12-2005, 17:47
I get attention from other clio owners who own 1.4 rt's and stuff. See them pointing saying "look, theres a 16v" lol. Also get a few dirty looks on my street when a boot it up the road cuz its so fookin loud with a piper x on it lol :oops:

Mooseman
03-12-2005, 18:17
When I had 0062 it used to be good fun getting the attention from all sorts really ... people who were generally interested in the williams and chavs in their puntos and saxos. whenever you see those guys you just have to give them a little smirk :lol:

Suppose it depends on where you live if the attention is good or bad :?

Andyvalver
03-12-2005, 18:44
Actually, mine gets so much attention people just love to key it, let down the tyres and rip off my petrol cap :twisted:

BRUN
03-12-2005, 18:53
I hate attention from jealous girlfriends.... if ur kinda racin wiv a bloke an they got a bird in the car they neva look impressed!

on a similar note i once enjoyed showing a BMW 316i driver on the motorway that just because its a BMW doesnt mean its quick, at all, lol

showed him up in front of his mrs

richy
03-12-2005, 18:55

on a similar note i once enjoyed showing a BMW 316i driver on the motorway that just because its a BMW doesnt mean its quick, at all, lol

not being funny but it dont take much to show a 316 up lol

Jamie.
03-12-2005, 18:57

think that was his point

richy
03-12-2005, 18:58

think that was his point

my point is my r19 1.4 80bhp could show a 316 up! no need for williams or 16v clio

Chris H
03-12-2005, 18:58
only 80bhp if its a ph1 carbed beast!

richy
03-12-2005, 19:03
only 80bhp if its a ph1 carbed beast!

its l reg 1.4 energy, thought they was 80bhp, if not it a 60bhp then lol?

Chris H
03-12-2005, 19:06
no ph1 carbed energies have the 80bhp, the ph2 SPI's only had 75bhp due to cat, the ph3 energy clios only got 73bhp due to shite head design.

60bhp is the c type engine.

richy
03-12-2005, 19:08
no ph1 carbed energies have the 80bhp, the ph2 SPI's only had 75bhp due to cat, the ph3 energy clios only got 73bhp due to shite head design.

60bhp is the c type engine.

ah lol shows how much intrest i show in my r19 lol! still its for work so not such a problem

byers
04-12-2005, 00:19
what do you think when cars go buy as your driving along in there saxs and corsas do u think the understand its a williams or a "dun up clio" lol i see pple looking but im unsure of what they think it is !! as there aint many about!!

gonch
04-12-2005, 00:45
i hate all the talk on here of saxo's and pugs on here, personally i hate them, a lot of you seem to associate the williams in there mould? which really pisses me off, i think of them and think of boy racers, neons, etc, i hate that,
perhaps its just that im a bit older?, :x

Martin
04-12-2005, 01:57
My car does'nt attract any attention really....must be the subtle wheels instead of those chavvy gold ones.. :wink:

stew
04-12-2005, 02:01
^^^LOL

And the fact that you never clean it. And the fact that its stripped to the MOFO, and the fact that u dont live in chav-vile!

Only attention i attract is when i rasp past, and pop, scaring people walking on the streets of edinburgh. Back home in rural northern scotland im a nobody. Suits me fine! 8) 8)

Martin
04-12-2005, 02:08
true lol

richy
04-12-2005, 02:08
u lot and ya hy-bread's never learn do ya lol,

a hybrid to a williams is like ben sherman to ben shirtman! :lol: not quite the real thing :wink:

stew
04-12-2005, 02:10
not quite the real thing! but faster! :wink:

And cheaper! And more slagtastic! :twisted:

Bayliss
04-12-2005, 02:10
u lot and ya hy-bread's never learn do ya lol,

a hybrid to a williams is like ben sherman to ben shirtman! :lol: not quite the real thing :wink:

Will u stop stealing my ideas on MSN u noob

richy
04-12-2005, 02:12
not quite the real thing! but faster! :wink:

And cheaper! And more slagtastic! :twisted:

faster is debatable lol to many ppl who wont drive williams fast for my liking lol

cheaper yes but what u expect :wink:

Martin
04-12-2005, 02:15
:lol: It's just weird how most of the fast 2.0 mk1 are hybrids....maybe it's a coincidence...or maybe not :P

richy
04-12-2005, 02:17
:lol: It's just weird how most of the fast 2.0 mk1 are hybrids....maybe it's a coincidence...or maybe not :P

maybe its cus theres not enough ppl driving the williams like it should be, its the same engine in same cars! lol

stew
04-12-2005, 02:19
LOFL

Your one of the few un-scared hardcore then richy! 8)

I only went hybrid coz i couldnt bring myself to spend 3k+ on a willy. Ended up spending a ridiculous amount on it so far - lightweight buckets, coilovers, wheels, full zorst and stripping! Got 276deg piper cams, headwork, engine balancing and ecu planned for next year. Clio's are such good track cars! :twisted:

Martin
04-12-2005, 02:22
You've slagged your's richy so your caught in the crossfire :wink: lol

stew
04-12-2005, 02:24

Yep! You should feel ashamed richy! About as ashamed as i do, being on WC @ 1.23am! :oops: :oops: :wink: :wink:

richy
04-12-2005, 02:45
lol :lol:

richy
04-12-2005, 03:01

mines a williams slag! 8)

anyway im going bed now lol 2am!

Zollo
04-12-2005, 12:54
i hate all the talk on here of saxo's and pugs on here, personally i hate them, a lot of you seem to associate the williams in there mould? which really pisses me off, i think of them and think of boy racers, neons, etc, i hate that,

Depends what Pugs and Saxos you're referring to?

byers
04-12-2005, 14:51

im not trying to associate the charvs with the williams just making a point that they do stare and wonder what it is, as they aint many charvs ho can afford the insurance or have a enough respect to drive one,, i hate dun up
cars :roll:

gonch
04-12-2005, 21:12
which ones am i referring to??
well
All of Them.

byers
04-12-2005, 21:21
well
All of Them.

any teen drivers with spots adidas cap big fookin spoiler neons seat belt pads stickers down the wing cluster lights crap fiber glass body kits hangin off wiper wind deflectors

edde
05-12-2005, 00:28
I quite like the attantion the car gets but as someone said easier I worry about what it might lead to.
Best thing is even though the cars 10 yrs old and they only made what 1200 or so people still know what it is and capable of.

kj16v
05-12-2005, 01:40
Mine gets absolutely no attention whatsoever, other than from other valver owners.
My first nova, on the other hand, that' used to get loads of attention. And before anyone mentions it good attention! Not mocking. and attention from gyal.
Now my R5... peoples' heads would swivel 180 deg when that went past.

The similarity between them was they had mean sounding exhausts - and one had a dump valve. Spose the moral is if you want attention get a pretty car and whap a great big meaty exhaust on it - oh and a dump valve :roll: :roll:

Coops
05-12-2005, 01:44
mine got loads when it looked lairy like this....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/All%20Change/P8060471.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/All%20Change/P8060472.jpg

then i changed it to look like this.....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/Finished%20Article/P9140039.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/Finished%20Article/P9140036.jpg

but now it gets next to none, and to be honest that suits me fine cuz it was mostly shitty chavved up attention anyway!!

Gav
05-12-2005, 01:56
2nd one looks better IMO. sweet car

Scott-16v!
05-12-2005, 01:59
whats with the spoiler? i.e. how its attached? are they suckers or is it glued?

Clio b
05-12-2005, 10:20
I know ur all gona disagree but i think the top 2 look top notch... It's different and i think it stands out rather nicely!

Allan
05-12-2005, 12:38
My valver gets loads of attention when im driving about!
But that could be due to the fact that the front drivers side wing is currently sanded down and looks rather lovely ;)

MikeTCB
05-12-2005, 12:59
well
All of Them.

Boo

Zollo
05-12-2005, 15:21
well
All of Them.

Boo

Indeed!

Tom_16v
05-12-2005, 17:39
I like the attention, I think you worry too much Jamie mate lol!

Tommo
05-12-2005, 18:25
I like the attention, especially when people who are genuinely interested in cars ask me about it! Don't like chavs constantly trying to race me tho, that's the only downer. Normally can't be arsed wasting the petrol but had a chav in a Astra GSI on the M56 yesterday, I was just cruising in the outside lane and when I went to overtake he gunned it, so let him go, he then slowed down and let me catch him, went to over take again and he went to gun it, so I dropped it to 4th and nailed it, seemed to back off after that! lol! But gets to be a bit of a ball ache after a while!!

Jamie.
05-12-2005, 18:27
I like the attention, I think you worry too much Jamie mate lol!

u know me too well

Coops
05-12-2005, 18:35
whats with the spoiler? i.e. how its attached? are they suckers or is it glued?

its hinged on the top of the boot n them things are pneumatic collapsible cylinders thats work off the brakes, or will do anyway when i wire em up! they are bonded air tight to the rear windscreen! so when u brake spoiler comes down n is up as you hurtle along!!! :twisted:

Coops
05-12-2005, 18:36
I know ur all gona disagree but i think the top 2 look top notch... It's different and i think it stands out rather nicely!

i know where ur comin from, in soem ways i used to love it like that, but the 17s were destroyin it and it was too much tryin to be like a williams on acid!! still got the lights tho so they may go back on one day!!

Zollo
05-12-2005, 18:38
so when u brake spoiler comes down n is up as you hurtle along!!! :twisted:

Surely it would be better so that it's down when you're hurtling along, so you have less drag. And then comes up when you're braking, so you have downforce at the back? :?

Coops
05-12-2005, 18:41
so when u brake spoiler comes down n is up as you hurtle along!!! :twisted:

Surely it would be better so that it's down when you're hurtling along, so you have less drag. And then comes up when you're braking, so you have downforce at the back? :?

wont be goin fast enuf to use downforce it provides at anything less than 120mph anyway, tested it as thats when it rises of its own accord at the mo so technically its just a fancy spoiler that does f all!!

Rach No1GR
06-12-2005, 19:22
I used to think turning heads was cool and loved the attention, now i'm getting older i'm not so keen and would rather not draw too much attention, plus you can never can tell these days whos admiring your car or whos eyeing it up.

J o n
06-12-2005, 19:34
I used to think turning heads was cool and loved the attention, now i'm getting older i'm not so keen and would rather not draw too much attention, plus you can never can tell these days whos admiring your car or whos eyeing it up.

exactly... i actually get nervous when these little scrotes pile round my car when it's parked up... it's hard to know how to react. They usually say "nice car" or whatever, but i'll be thinking inside to myself "get the **** away from my car you scrote"... adults admire from afar, which is perfect, youths tend to look with their hands and I dont like that...

Allan
06-12-2005, 22:15
i thought over 30 mph anything can effect aerodynamics and thus a huge wing surely makes a massive difference?

Coops
06-12-2005, 23:52
i'll let u know when i get it workin!hehe!