PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite car chase?

fab
01-12-2005, 18:38
in a movie that is

TriO`
01-12-2005, 18:48
probably loads of better ones but both the Bourne Identity and Supremecy have good car chases in them :)

fab
01-12-2005, 18:51
thats the one with the minis?that was very 8)

the ones that come to mind quickly are obviously "the french connection""the Gumball Rally" with the cobra and ferrari in a race.

VIPERONE
01-12-2005, 19:14
smokey and the bandit

Jimbob
01-12-2005, 19:53
Where do i start on this one??? :D In no partuicular order;

* Ronin, Nice chase with Audi A8, and Paris chase with ? BMW 530
* Opening sequence, Cannonball Run, lambo vs cop cars
* Spy who Loved Me, lotus Esprit vs chopper
* Swordfish, TVR Tuscan vs yank 4x4 (????)
* The many car chases in The Transporter (cant wait for the sequel!)
* Bullit. Says it all.
* The Bourne movies
* Motorway chase in Bad Boys 2. Ferrari 550 vs speedboat!!!! :lol:

Can you tell I'm a bit of a movie freak? I'll think of more soon enough.

Coops
01-12-2005, 21:34

* Bullit. Says it all.
* The Bourne movies

ferrari 355 and a tram....ends in ouch!!hehe! , The Rock

Jamie.
01-12-2005, 21:39
bourne identity. not to keen on supremacy as i think it goes a bit far as that taxi is proper focked. also the Rock!

Dancliovalver
01-12-2005, 21:40
i loved the gone in 60 seconds final car chase

but i did love the bond over the ice aswell that was awsome!

Zollo
01-12-2005, 21:57

* Bullit. Says it all.
* The Bourne movies

Now that is a good 'un.

Gav
01-12-2005, 22:26
smokey and the bandit

agree with gunner

also, the orginal grand theft auto car chase [the whole movie is a car chase] with loads of american muscle classics

matrix car chase is good, fast n furious sucks ass but my fav is probebly the italian job

Martin
02-12-2005, 00:40
Most of the good un' have been mentioned...

French Connection chase is pretty good also Taxi( the original, not the tat US re-make!) has some good un's

Mooseman
02-12-2005, 03:29
There is one car chase that says it all ... and it has been mentioned.

The actual driver of the stunt in question is the star, and is one of the coolest hollywood stars, ever....

The sequence lasts over 11 mins and has no music except for burning rubber ....

It is one of the best cars, ever .....

It is a stunt that has never been beaten, and thats been agreed by the top stunt and film reviewers ....

Come on, Smokey and the Bandit is good, but not that good!!

:lol:

Martin
02-12-2005, 12:02
There is one car chase that says it all ... and it has been mentioned.

The actual driver of the stunt in question is the star, and is one of the coolest hollywood stars, ever....

The sequence lasts over 11 mins and has no music except for burning rubber ....

It is one of the best cars, ever .....

It is a stunt that has never been beaten, and thats been agreed by the top stunt and film reviewers ....

Come on, Smokey and the Bandit is good, but not that good!!

:lol:

I thought the Bullit chase was a bit bit overated tbh :shock:

Swervin_Mervin
02-12-2005, 12:10
Bullit one is a bit cack IMO. My faves are the Ronin one, the Transporter one, and Taxi 1 & 2.

Basically anything that Luc Besson has had an influence in!

2 live
02-12-2005, 12:38
gotta be the getaway from the original italian job,so many stunts in there that were 1st time tried. or.......the original gone in 60 secs, with the yellow mach 1 , i think it was

but then theres the other one.....canny remember the name of the film, but it was a white charger. last scene was outrunnin the cop in the stang. smashed the charger thru the roadblock at the end.....and died.

mad max had a few decent ones in too.

Martin
02-12-2005, 12:41
vanishing point...I think for the charger one fella

Gav
02-12-2005, 13:27
bullit is good for two reasons

dodge charger
ford mustang

11 mins? and no proper jumps? i can watch dukes of hazzard and get better entertainment

Jimbob
02-12-2005, 13:42
:o I urge you all to dig out your old copies (if you have em) and watch the Bullit car chase again! I just did and its still great!! Proper driving, no bullsh1t effects or stunt drivers wearing dodgy wigs, its the real deal. You can see McQueen playing at the wheel, proper driving. Its still more impressive than most chases today :D

Mooseman
02-12-2005, 14:42
:o I urge you all to dig out your old copies (if you have em) and watch the Bullit car chase again! I just did and its still great!! Proper driving, no bullsh1t effects or stunt drivers wearing dodgy wigs, its the real deal. You can see McQueen playing at the wheel, proper driving. Its still more impressive than most chases today :D

Amen 8)

Dukes of Hazzard? get serious! :P

Just to know that the whole chase was carried out by the legendary Steve McQueen and not by him and a stuntman just shows how many nansy boy wannabes there are in hollywood now .... the real McCoy :lol:

Zollo
02-12-2005, 14:55
but then theres the other one.....canny remember the name of the film, but it was a white charger. last scene was outrunnin the cop in the stang. smashed the charger thru the roadblock at the end.....and died.

I think that's the original Gone In 60 Seconds. I know the one you're on about anyway 8)

Swervin_Mervin
02-12-2005, 15:29

Apart from looping the tape a few times. Hence my disappointment.

Greatest car chase though has to be Le Mans. 24hrs of car chasing! That is a film and a half.

derv
02-12-2005, 18:02
the Blues Brothers lol quite comical car chases but entertaining none the less!

2 live
03-12-2005, 13:32

I think that's the original Gone In 60 Seconds. I know the one you're on about anyway 8)

as martin says mate.....that 1 is vanishing point. class film.

original gone in 60 secs was the yello mach 1 with 2 black stripes over it. smashed it to fuk gettin chased off the coppers, then found another in a car was, an swapped it, main thing that sticks in me head about that chase is the way he hits a telegraph pole sideways at speed, and near bends the car in 1/2 lol

Jimbob
03-12-2005, 15:14
Another top chase missed from my list;

View to a kill - Renault 11, topless and bottomless, absolute classic! Never heard a Ren 11 with an exhaust note like that though :D

Heck, any Bond film car chase - add to my list!

kj16v
04-12-2005, 01:02

Quite agree.

I also rate Roin cuz it's got Euro cars you can relate to.
No one's mentioned F&F yet. Lots of lairy cars going wishh peew

What about The big car chase in Blues Brothers!

u33db
04-12-2005, 20:23
Erm,

- Max Max v the Toe Cutter in Mad Max 1,

- McQueen in the 917 vs the Ferrari at the end of 'Le Mans',

- Some 80s film with Gene Hackman and Matt Dillon where they're razzing a 205 GTI away from some bad guys...quite good but years since i've seen it...'Target' or something?

+ all the above.

Mooseman
05-12-2005, 10:10
The original Taxi was pretty amusing too :lol: