PDA

View Full Version : Stage 3!!

Coops
28-11-2005, 22:59
So it was back to work tonight!!

No pics tho unfortunatly cuz i lost the cable to connect me camera to my pc, left it at the missus' in sheffield at the w/end!doh!

First i ripped off that bloody lower timing belt cover, was pissin me right off so claw hammer and hacksaw in the end, although i got a feelin i'll regret it later! :oops: That freed up space to have the belts off, cam belt looked healthy enuf, but aux belt was kippered!!

The lower idler pulley bracket is attatched behind that bloody plastic cover backing aint it?! do i need to have that off n all?and iff so it cant b easy with the engine in!!!!

Next it was time to get the alternator and power steerin pump off n fit the new one before bleedin the system and gettin that out of the way! Got the lot off fairly easily, but then find out the pissin pump i bought off sum1 either on here or ebay, i cant remember, aint right by a long way, its massive!so thats put the whole lot on hold till i can source a new pump! hence advert in wanted for a valver PSP in good nick!

keep u updated on my slow but steady progress!!

Coops

VIPERONE
28-11-2005, 23:01
be aware that megane 2l psp will fit.. and is better than the valver willyo ne.. the pulley is slightly bigger.. but it all fits fine!..

those covers are a twat.. not so much when the engines out though.

what is your doing to your engine again??

Coops
28-11-2005, 23:07
cant i bolt the valver pulley onto the megane pump if i get one? cuz otherwise the belt wont fit will it? or is there enuf give?! are the matings the same then for feed n inlet pipes?!

initially i was doin head gasket, but figured may as well tinker while am there! check the earlier posts gunner mate!!

now on list to do is gasket, head work, PSP, belts (both of em) and pulleys if i got enuf cash!

Coops

Lunner
28-11-2005, 23:31
Shoudl be enoguh play int eh adjuster, just make sure the pulley is the right width

summeh
30-11-2005, 14:30
undo all the screws for that lower cambelt cover, you should then (with the help of a mate), be able to pull the cover away from the engine (from the top) and pull the idler pully out, without having to take the rear lower cam pulley off :)

Swervin_Mervin
30-11-2005, 14:47
I was given a megane pump by mistake the other week. The flange that was on it wasn't compatible with the valver pulley, unless you bored the centre out slightly. IMO it wasn't worth it as the valver pulleys are metal and the bore would've been close to the 3 mounting bolts for the pulley.

The valver pulleys aren't cheap either if you shaft it up.