PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME!!! Damn lower cover!!

Coops
24-11-2005, 20:28
I can't get the damn lower timing belt cover off, so i cant get the crankpulley uncovered!!!its driving me crazy!!

the two bolts that hold it on go into the plastic backin right? well they are just spinning round n not coming undone n no amount of levering or anything will sort it!!!help me!!!!

also how many bolts hold on the middle and upper covers for the belts n all so i know when i take them off n all!!!

Cheers

Coops

Anders
24-11-2005, 22:33
They shouldnt spin at all because they go into holes that are tapped into the block. Can't understand that.

Maybe only way is to lever it until it breaks off then you can see the cause, and just order a new cover when putting it back together??

Lower cover has 2 but the upper plastic cover has 4 i think.

Rich
24-11-2005, 22:52
the lowers go into plastic collars on the back cover mate iirc, i'm almost sure so the collars could be spinning in the plastic

Coops
24-11-2005, 23:15
yeah i figured that now!!hehe! the collars are spinnin like crazy, am gonna keep spinnin em and see if they'll rip out!! i gotta get it off somehow!!

Cheers anyway boys!!

Coops

Rich
24-11-2005, 23:27
if worst comes to worst mate you can get them to come through and then just use a nut and bolt with washers to re-fix it