PDA

View Full Version : Clifford Engine Start & Heater Question...

Illusion
21-11-2005, 13:32
Guys, I've got the intellistart feature on the Willy and i'm just wondering if there is anyway that the heaters can be wired to turn on when the engine is running but without out the keys in the ignition?

This way I can let her idle in the morning with everything blowing on full heat.

Ian

neilc
21-11-2005, 14:12
just set the heaters when you get out of it at night, as soon as the engine starts they will.

to test it sit in the car and have ago :)

Illusion
21-11-2005, 14:15
just set the heaters when you get out of it at night, as soon as the engine starts they will.

to test it sit in the car and have ago :)

That won't work fella, the key needs to be turned in the accesory position before your heaters will start...

neilc
21-11-2005, 14:18
thats the whole point of fitting the intellistart to heat the car up before you get in it.

maybe they didnt wire it in right, but I am sure my mates heaters all work when they had it fitted.

Illusion
21-11-2005, 14:20
thats the whole point of fitting the intellistart to heat the car up before you get in it.

maybe they didnt wire it in right, but I am sure my mates heaters all work when they had it fitted.

Ahh if thats suppose to happen as standard, then I might give the bloke a bell then.

Daz.
21-11-2005, 16:42
was gonna say thats the whole reason I want one!

plus it always does look cool 8)

bammargera
21-11-2005, 16:50
How much was the alarm system fitted and where did you get it done?
Just wondering cause i think i might invest in one when i get my willy, so all the temps and pressures are good for driving it, dont like driving a car when it is cold and things are likely to go wrong.

How far away can you stand and fire it up?

Cheers Mark

Craig
21-11-2005, 17:16
i had one on my old valver!

great for spinning out old bids!!

im positive my heaters etc, all came on too with the engine!

derv
21-11-2005, 18:04
yep the heaters should come on, mine does i put the rear demister on too!!

Daz.
21-11-2005, 19:22
yep the heaters should come on, mine does i put the rear demister on too!!

Do you have to tell them what you want switched on or is there like a default list of what works?

derv
21-11-2005, 20:24
i didnt, but i would imagine as the engine is running, everything that u can normally turn on with the engine running should work ok with the engine remote start. if not i would get them to sort it out. i had quite a few problems with mine, even now the remote engine start will only set if the engine is cold, if it has been running a while it will not set intill it has cooled down again. but that i think is down to the wank fitters (imperial securities of Tipton) rather than the system.

VIPERONE
22-11-2005, 00:54
if you use the intellistart on a public road you are breaking the law.. quitting your vehicle is an offence, same if your engine is running without a qualified driver in the car LOL... strange but true...

how much was the alrm and where can i get one?

Lunner
22-11-2005, 10:02
I remember once a whle back a bloke was done becasue he left his car running on teh side of teh road in the morning to get a jug of hot water.

I just leave mine started on teh road....go and eat my breakie....great living int eh middle of no where :D

Other alternative is to go and start it and use a psare key to lock the doors

Craig
22-11-2005, 10:38
they have safety features to ensure the car isnt in gear, handbrake is on, doors are locked, alarm is still on etc.

if anything interupts it cuts out straight away!

handy tho on your drive on a cold morning. and for spinning folk out who are getting into their cars next to you!

Dancliovalver
22-11-2005, 11:55
mine never came on either mate!!! :cry: