PDA

View Full Version : Billies....

dannyt
18-11-2005, 18:08
right lads and ladies, i've just found out i need to buy some new rear dampers, so wondering whether to spend a little extra and go all out for front shocks too as don't won't those to go on me either, so what does everything think to these?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=3009

Cheers

Danny

LEIGH-ANNE
18-11-2005, 18:22
easy choice, id do all at once, otherwise ud have to pay out for to lots of garage costs.

Even if you were doing it yourself, would just be easier. Would prob feel the change in the suspension more if you did it all at once :D

dannyt
18-11-2005, 18:37
good idea but i know the suspension i've got on at the mo handles well and i don't really want to lose it, but wouldn't mind a softer, smoother ride but also handles well and lasts a while too!

big hp
18-11-2005, 19:20
I'd do all four if it was me.

dannyt
20-11-2005, 11:36
Can anyone tell me if these bilsteins will fit the clio 16v, as it says it will fit clio mk1's with ABS from 1.2/1.4 - 1.8 but not RSI or Williams, however I thought the williams was v.similar to the valver apart from the wider track?

Just wondering whether to order these?

Cheers

richy
20-11-2005, 13:16
personally mate id stick with std shockers or buy a decent full kit if your looking at stuff, maybe even some AVO/H&R coilovers etc?

the bilstein streetline are basicly OE shockers anyway with ventura springs from what im told, couldnt say if any good like never tryed them myself!! but if your are after something abit better id go with the sprintline kit imho, only car ive been in with them was craggys old VTS which handled very well, but for a little more you can have the AVO coilover kit!

obviously your choice but personally if yo not trackdaying that much and just want good general road handling stick with std shockers but new! maybe even put wide track on?

dannyt
20-11-2005, 18:43
Richy - not really got the money for sprintline really fella or for going for wide track, even though i'd like to!

So I was thinking of going for the streetline kit, if it fits mine, as it is basically oe spec but with gas shocks and still lowers the car by 35mm so should give a bit stiffer than standard?

So will they fit mine then richy or are they for the lower spec clio's?

My only other option is just to go for adjustable Koni rear dampers and stick with the fronts for a bit longer until they wear out?

Cheers

Danny

richy
20-11-2005, 19:36
in that case personally id just replace both rear shockers mate, if your fronts are fine i wouldnt bother

dannyt
20-11-2005, 20:08
richy - i'm thinking more and more that, that sounds like the best option, going to try and get the koni adjustables for now probably!

Would those billies not fit?

And how can you tell if the fronts are worn? They seem fine and stiff enough too, not noticed any noises from them, (touch wood)!

Danny

richy
20-11-2005, 22:11
that streetline kit, hard to tell it dont mention that it wont fit the 16v yet it dont fit rsi or williams, unless u could email bilstein or someone to get clarification on that? u would presume it would fit the 16v going of the fact it dont say it wont fit!

as for your fronts obviously check for any leaks from both shockers and with the car settled on the ground, do a bounce test, basicly just push down on the o/s/f corner and see how many times the car goe's up and down before it settles again, same with n/s/f, aslong as they return within 2 up/down motions they are ok, if they carry on moving up and down it means a shocker its worn out :)

dannyt
20-11-2005, 22:19
right will do fella, ill have to check them asap!

think ill just go for the koni's fella!

richy
20-11-2005, 22:24
im guessing there cheaper then the renault ones then? thought about pos AVO or bilstein if they do them seperate?

dannyt
21-11-2005, 09:00
yer they do the bilsteins seperate but they work out to be about 80 each whereas the konis are 55 i think!!

Sam16v
21-11-2005, 18:09
just brought a bilstein sprintline suspension kit for my 16v to replace my tired 139k original shocks they should arrive wednesday will be fitted by weekend will let u know what theyre like if u want?

dannyt
21-11-2005, 22:24
good to hear it mate, i ordered the koni adjustable rears today myself too, should be an up date to follow but for now my dad's volvo 2.3 estate is what I will be doning!

Mish_16V
22-11-2005, 23:50
Think i'm getting the bilstein kit until i can save for coilovers. I've had bilstein on previous cars and always been very pleased with their handling abilitys :D

Sam16v
27-11-2005, 23:09
Fitted the sprintline kit yesterday and am very happy with the ride and handling really is fun to throw around the lanes now. would recomend to anyone

BRUN
28-11-2005, 01:03
i had that streetline kit fitted to my 1.4RT before i got GAZ coilovers

i was happy with it, but id probably spend a little extra next time if i could, excellent for the money though