PDA

View Full Version : True Story

Mooseman
18-11-2005, 12:45
Been calling around insurance companies because its that exciting time of year when my policy needs renewing, yipee :wink: , and got chatting to a guy yesterday about speeding, as I know have 6 points when 6 months ago i had none. I thought that was bad .....

So, he recently insured a lady a few weeks back who has since been banned from driving, who had no points to start with on her new policy. It turns out she just started a new job and on the first day she got caught speeding in a 30mph zone at 4am .... then again on Tuesday ..... then wednesday ... and you guessed it thursday and friday. not sure what she did to warrant such strange working hours, but by the next weekend she had received 15 points in the post :shock: and was banned soon after :shock: obviously a bit weird that she did not react to the flashing and perhaps take note after the first time, but what a complete disaster .... imagine that driving around at hours of the day when literally no-one is about and breaking the speed and having your licence stripped in less than a week ....

losing faith in the system

why a judge could not over rule this and err on the side of common sense is beyond me :evil: but having said that i don't know the full story, but just that is bad enough :?

Craig
18-11-2005, 13:05
gutting!

heard a similar story about someone on teh motorway during roadworks with the SPECS cameras!

3 days and licence gone

Jamie.
18-11-2005, 13:10
think that woman was a nurse

Mattie
18-11-2005, 13:37
simila thing happend 2 my m8....got caught speeding 3 times on same stretch of motor way lol

MrAtego
19-11-2005, 09:53
If its around Nottingham where she works they use specs camera's so there is no flash and your timed over a distance, poor cow, if she had been some jumped up footballer or Lord crying over how much they need their license they would have got off, :evil:

Craig
20-11-2005, 14:20
yeh they are fukers in notts! as you dont notice them unless your aware they are there!

gonch
21-11-2005, 13:40
i had 9 points, got done by the same camera twice in a week, Doh!!, also got done at 6am when it was dark, was doing 34, 35, 36 mph each time, i agree, really bad system,
I have mates who go over 100mph quite often and have no points, the system is wrong,
ive since lost 6 of the points in september.