PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise when pressing clutch pedal down

17-11-2005, 23:34
The RSi i looked at tonight was in great condition, but the only thing i found a problem with was the clutch

ive not driven it, but in standing form when the clutch is pressed its really stiff and you can hear a clicking noise in the engine bay when fully depressed. The gear select is smooth just the clutch pedal.

Is this normal or something i should stay clear of?

many thanks

Mattie
17-11-2005, 23:47
not sure about the RSI m8 but the williams n valvers clutches are really stiff

BRUN
18-11-2005, 00:23
most Renault clutches are really stiff, you dont think you will at first, but you do get used to it

i also found out that i have to have 2 of the leg machines at the gym on the highest weight, with the extra weights on too lol.......i wonder why :lol:

Lunner
18-11-2005, 09:03
Yeah RSi clutches are really stiff, does it come fromt eh engine bay or down by the pedal, my poedal creaks like a good un, ad when my last cab;le was going it had frayed, and you coudl hear the little bits of frayed cable sticking inot the outer casing and catching

18-11-2005, 09:30
its defo in the bay. we had it open whilst i depressed it.

will see what it drives like today, if its bad then im running. if its ok ive got three months warrenty with it.

plus a clutch cable cant be that hard to fix surely :?:

ian711
18-11-2005, 12:43
on my willy, my pedal was clicking when pressed down, was told it's the ratchet mechanism slipping at the end of pedal for the self adjusting part of the clutch. just a case of changing the pedal, altho my clicking noise sounded as tho it was just the other side of the pedal.

altho i need a new clutch as well... :cry:

FATBOY
19-11-2005, 17:48
its defo in the bay. we had it open whilst i depressed it.

will see what it drives like today, if its bad then im running. if its ok ive got three months warrenty with it.

plus a clutch cable cant be that hard to fix surely :?:

if only mate! there a bitch to get at(well on the willy and valvers they are) some garages want £150 to fit them! the vastard bit is threading the cable thru the double skinned bulk head!