PDA

View Full Version : Clock milage re-set or adjusted?

dannyt
17-11-2005, 22:39
Chatting to a mate today who told me that the mechanical clocks on the valver and his 5 turbo can be adjusted, there are places you can take it too apparently?

Just wondering if anyone knows of any or if anyone can do it as I want the williams dials to show the correct milage?

Cheers

Danny

stew
17-11-2005, 23:22
I had the dash out the other day, and my speedo and mile-ometer dial is a replacement from the willy that the engine was taken out of. However when i get my engine rebuilt i want to zero the milage :o just so i can keep track on the proper milage. I think it could be easily "changed" by hand, but didnt have the guts to try. Didnt want to break it. Could always hook it up to an electric drill and reverse it!

Im sure some of the guys on here were speaking about this before, but cant remember who and when.

VIPERONE
18-11-2005, 08:19
its easy, well some are easier than others... some break, ..lol get a drill and rig it up to a spare speedo cable

Lunner
18-11-2005, 09:02
I heard if you stick a small screw driver between them, you can wedge them apart, and off the cogs, and rotate them

VIPERONE
18-11-2005, 18:28
i heard that too

dannyt
18-11-2005, 18:33
so all i have to do is stick a screw driver bit in the back of the dials (what size?) and then turn the drill bit on and hey preto the clocks start ticking?

A how long will it take to put 60k miles on?

and

B, how do i know if its going to break?

Cheers

Danny

VIPERONE
18-11-2005, 18:37
no no drill involved, place a precision flat head screw drvier inbetween the dials and ewdge it slightly apart, manually turn the dial with a finger..it'll snap if you do it forcefully

dannyt
18-11-2005, 18:39
so take to plastic cover off the dials and then put a screw driver between the plastic rollers and prise them apart until they pop off and they spin them round to my milage and click them back in, are u sure i won't break it gunner!!!!????
:cry:
Danny

VIPERONE
18-11-2005, 18:43
no apply light pressure not popping them off, and move it with a finger, best bet is not to do it if your worried!

dannyt
18-11-2005, 18:47
think ill buy some crap ones and try it on them mate, how many did u break?

and for some cash could you do mine along with the speedo cable fix thing?

cheers

danny

VIPERONE
18-11-2005, 18:51
i'll do the speedo cable not the speedo clox..its hit ans miss... im the clocks i sold you were only on 40k

dannyt
18-11-2005, 19:01
cheers mate, that would be great fella, or give us a ring and tell is how to do it mate?

the clocks are now on 64k mate!!! but i think it would be best to get them to show the exact milage of the car!

Danny

Lunner
18-11-2005, 20:08
I'm tempted toi insure my car for 5k a year and every time it gets to teh 5k, take the clocks out and troll it back to what i started at ....or just removet eh cable from teh box and connect a drill