PDA

View Full Version : Look what i bought !

williams-3
17-11-2005, 20:12
Treated myself and the williams 3 to a Magnex back box and its sounds really nice . still to get a de-cat pipe so it'll sound even better and de-strangle a little extra gasses :x On its way is a carbon enclosed k-tec induction kit so can't wait to get it fitted too ! 8)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/mugen-jordan/magnex.jpg

Zollo
17-11-2005, 20:14
Your car's on fire :o

richy
17-11-2005, 20:23
lol magnex are alright i use to have one, although i changed it for a scorpion system, bit more rasp(nova style lol) :P

big hp
17-11-2005, 20:30
I wouldn't bother with the k-tec viper kit. I had it and noticed no gain. The throttle body adaptor is VERY restrictive. I've gone back to standard airbox with a performance element. Car feels better with OE airbox TBH.

Mish_16V
17-11-2005, 20:31
I have a magnex one and love the sound...

alot of people have commented on a similar sound of a scooby without the turbo (god i sounded like a chav saying that!) but they always look nice as well.... Very subtle :D

williams-3
17-11-2005, 20:35
I wouldn't bother with the k-tec viper kit. I had it and noticed no gain. The throttle body adaptor is VERY restrictive. I've gone back to standard airbox with a performance element. Car feels better with OE airbox TBH.

dads friend is an engineer and if its restictive he'll just bore it out for me .

williams-3
17-11-2005, 20:38

shit that looks weird !! its the reflection from mums car and the steam from the exhaust ..... -1deg this morning :shock:

big hp
17-11-2005, 20:42

dads friend is an engineer and if its restictive he'll just bore it out for me .

Then you'll need a new samco elbow. some more tube to weld where old one has been removed and throttle body adaptor bored out. Its also chromed so you'll either have to re-chrome it or shot blast and re-chrome or paint it. I looked into it fella (was a engineer until i got made redundant) All in all ita a lot of hassle and expensive, if only for the new silicon hose.

big hp
17-11-2005, 20:44
Oh and you got that number for the wheel refurb please mate :D

FATBOY
17-11-2005, 20:46
hope you dont make long journeys??? cos i had a magnex on my willy 3 and long journeys deafened ya! theres such a humm in the cabin from the magnex!

big hp
17-11-2005, 20:48
I love the sound of my Magnex. It sounds just right IMHO. Is loudish but then i've got Magnex decat and cat back magnex. Wonder what it'll sound like with my supersprint manifold.

katbloke
17-11-2005, 22:27

s**t that looks weird !! its the reflection from mums car and the steam from the exhaust ..... -1deg this morning :shock:

Lmao was gonna ask if youd fitted and orange underbody neon kit

dannyt
17-11-2005, 22:34
looking spot on mate!

Mish - where you on the motorway the other day coming off at preston?

Danny

stew
17-11-2005, 23:16
looking good paul! :D

Magnex are v nice exhausts, sound is just right, nice and sporty but subtle. Would have kept mine, but it had holes in the centre section so i just had to slag it with a straight thru devil system and supersprint manifold! LOL Rasp King!!!!!

Put my old magnex backbox on my old clio 1.2 (which my mate now owns) and it sounds really good for a 1.2. Nice and sporty!

When you get your decat you will notice a difference in noise! Much louder under heavy acceleration. But still good and fine on motorways IMO. Next step is supersprint fanimold :wink:

IMO the OE (standard) airbox is the best.

Have had open piper-x filter, a viper and OE airbox with ITG filter. OE box is the way forward - its cheap, sounds good but not too loud, and filters are cheap-ish so just buy a new one each year! Gives best airflow and filtering! Hook it up to a cold air feed to the front bumper and your laffing! 8)

No point wasting 100+ notes on a IK! No gains, just looks and sound! Its all about performance for me! :wink: :evil:

Scott-16v!
18-11-2005, 00:05
ive got a magnex system, gives a nice meaty burble coupled with the ik, and its perfectly bearable on motorways.....

.....at 50mph :oops: :lol:

Mish_16V
18-11-2005, 00:08
argh sorry to post hog.

Danny it was me :D Think the gay window stickers are going you'll be glad to hear and the rear is getting lowered on Friday. I replied in was it you lol!

Any erm...exhaust is still looking nice matey! :wink: :D

big hp
18-11-2005, 02:05
ive got a magnex system, gives a nice meaty burble coupled with the ik, and its perfectly bearable on motorways.....

.....at 50mph :oops: :lol:

Williams is so much louder, had same exhaust on my 16v and was quiet in comparison.

Jamie.
18-11-2005, 17:24
i have a magnex s/s system and it is loud but it also sounds great!!! im not into the rally stylee zorsts tho so it really suits me

williams-3
18-11-2005, 19:57
some good info there lads ! i'l order up a pannel filter too then and do a back to back test and see . nice 1 8)