PDA

View Full Version : Aux dials never worked since GDi 2.0ltr conversion

smokey
17-11-2005, 14:21
Ever since GDi did my 2.0ltr conversion 2 of the 3 aux dials have never worked.
I get the oil level dial working fine but the other 2 dont work.

Andy's sparky friend wants £70 to sort them out which if its a 5 min job is a ripoff, but if its 2-3 hrs work then it may be worth getting him to do it.

How do I go about trying to wire them up and where to?

Thanks

TriO`
17-11-2005, 14:35
how long ago was the conversion??? you should take it back to GDI and get it sorted out imo. If they worked before that is ??

j3ned
17-11-2005, 14:45
i would contact andy and talk to him - the title you have wrote isnt very tactful mate as it doesnt look good on andys behalf. If there is a problem he will sort it straight away

smokey
17-11-2005, 15:17
Sorry about the title, no harm was intended by it and im sure Andy knows this.

When he did my williams conversion I believe it was 1 of the 1st if not the 1st conversion he had done and was stumped by the electrics. I took the car with the intentions of taking it back to him in a few weeks to get his motor electrician guy to sort them for me but his mate would charge me £70 ish.

I decided that at the time I had more important things to spend £70 on and as they didnt effect the performance of the car I would leave them till I could afford it.

Now...... I can afford it but dont want to get Andy to speak to his mate if its a job I can do in an afternoon and can save myself a bit of cash.

Once again, no harm was meant by my title and I have always praised the work of Andy/GDi in public and in private and once again he knows this.

So any ideas on what wires go where would be highly appreciated :D

smokey
17-11-2005, 15:19
Oh and the conversion was done about 18 months ago now but the car has only covered 1k miles since the conversion and has been kept in storage all the time.

BenR
17-11-2005, 21:00
easily traced and sorted mate, just give him a bell.

smokey
24-11-2005, 17:06
Cheers Ben, will do that.

I just know how busy you guys are and didnt wanna hassle him with any trivial if it was something I could of done myself with a little guidance off of here.

I need to speak to yourself anyway about setting up my suspension now that I have got it all fitted. Whens good for you?

BenR
24-11-2005, 23:08
just give me a bell, we'll sort something out.

But i'm off in 2 weeks!