PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

OliS
17-11-2005, 14:08
Hello All!

Great website/forum you guys have got going on here =D>

Even though I am not a Williams owner (got a Clio Trophy), thought I had better register as I have just started doing the servicing on my girlfriends Williams (she can't be bothered paying main dealer prices anymore) and seeing that something as simple as changing the oil filter turned into a total nightmare, I think I am going to need all the help and advice you guys can give me! :D

Her car is an original Williams 1, number 218. She is the third owner, previously the car was registered to a company and used by the MD's various PA's over the years, and before that the car was owned by the MD who had if from new.

The car is in need of quite a bit of love, the bodywork is pretty tatty, the heater matrix is blocked, front wheel bearings need replacing, baffles in the exhaust have gone, the list is literally endless! But it is still a great car, I love the way it looks and the way it drives, they don't make cars like the Williams anymore! :D

LEIGH-ANNE
17-11-2005, 14:18
Hi ya welcome to ya, im sure one of us will be able to help you out. Id much prefer to bring my problems here than go to a dealership tbh :D

You got any pics of both of the cars?? 8)

Zollo
17-11-2005, 14:23
Hi dude :D

Great car combination you've got there. What car did you have before the Trophy? How are you finding it?

I'm loving this comment, coming from a Trophy owner...

But it is still a great car, I love the way it looks and the way it drives, they don't make cars like the Williams anymore! :D

OliS
17-11-2005, 14:41
Will try to get some photos up soon!

Before the Trophy I had a phase 1 172, and a 5 Turbo before that which the missus and I shared. They were both great cars, specially the 5. How I miss it! :D

They don't make cars as light or as fun as the Williams anymore, the Trophy feels much bigger on the road, and drives quite differently. To me the Williams feels more like the 5 Turbo than the 172/182.

Mattie
17-11-2005, 15:44
welcome 2 the site m8!

gd 2 c trophys and williams can live side by side :wink:

northy
17-11-2005, 15:56
HELLO and welcome mate

are you on the trophy website ???

OliS
17-11-2005, 16:00
Yeah, I am on http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/, same username.

The two sites are very similar, do you know Nik?

You also replied to my post on the R'sport forum, any chance you could get me the pictures you mentioned with regards to the oil filter?

Cheers :D

northy
17-11-2005, 16:09
Class - niks site is in a class above mine at the min. But i believe were powered by the same company. Its hard to be differant now a days :wink:

Glad i could help on the renault sport forum, not visited it for ages.

I will take some pictures tomorrow to show you how i remove the filter.

I hope the williams will repay you with years of trouble free motoring :D

big hp
17-11-2005, 19:50
Hello and welcome. Very good combo of cars you have there.