PDA

View Full Version : Failed Again

NickFr
17-11-2005, 11:52
I went to court last week to sort out the problems with the Williams, they are recommending that the sale gets cancelled and the money returned to me.

However I have been requested to get quotes on having all of the work done to the car to get it through the MOT. I therefore had to put it back through a MOT in order to drive it to get quotes. The car had failed on emissions...I had a CAT that I bought off ebay fitted last time and it still failed!..fitted new Lambda yesterday...and it failed again :roll:

The car has not been driven since Aug 10th, apart from flat battery it started first time using jump leads. Luckily they have issued me with a 2 Month grace period to drive the Car before taking it back to be retested. I think it is sensible to keep driving it rather than leaving it to seize up over the Winter!....Runs like a dream and still very quick!

2 live
17-11-2005, 12:07
give it a fukkin really really good thrashin...then take it back for the test lol

gives u an excuse anyway lol

2 live recommended :wink:

J o n
17-11-2005, 12:07
sorry to hear mate, how far out on emissions was it? may be worth bringing it over here and getting chip wizards to remap it... or go to throttle bodies, as Craigs runs WELL under emission laws and has no cat! lol

Mattie
17-11-2005, 12:18
how long has this been goin on 4 now mate!?

NickFr
17-11-2005, 12:26
2 Live...I gave it a really good thrash trust me!...I can only think that it has had some sort of Remap, I know that the Rev limit has been increased to 7200. The joke is that it failed the emissions by a large amount, in fact about the same as having the de-cat fitted :?

I am going to take it to the Reno garage to have them do a diagnostic check to see what is going on....trust me this is not a case of "I am 17 and look at how quick my Car is".....but having driven many Cars this is ****ing fast!!....This is a list of what it failed on, plus other faults that are not reasons for failiure.

Failed Emission test
Front suspension..springs not sitting correctly(They have been cut to lower them)..Too low causing wheels to rub arches(causing paint on arches to rub off)
Torsion bar lowered far too low and not straight!
Camber off causing inside edge of new tyres to wear
Incorrectly fitted fuel lines...not the right material
Front foglights not connected
Rear Fog not connected
Heated rear window not working
No rear boot spoiler...and no holes to fit one
Front valance...most clips broken
Difficuly engaging reverse and first when Car gets hot....pain in the summer....Gearbox or Clutch??

Not knowing the true mileage and any history is a nightmare...this Car could have done 170-200,000 Miles, yet runs well....being a technical ****WIT does not help!!.....HELP HELP :oops:

NickFr
17-11-2005, 12:30
how long has this been goin on 4 now mate!?

9 Months...Too long :cry:

northy
17-11-2005, 12:30
only think i have learnt with the emissions is the temperature.

with a decat - if the temp rasies up towards the point where the fan cuts in - my car would fail.

cold or at normal opperating temperature it will pass.

as a cheat - try having the fan on all the time (by bridging the switch to short it out) And stick the heaters on full heat.

If your garage guys are good enough then they will do a spot emissions test for you as a favour.

NickFr
17-11-2005, 12:32
This France Mate, they are nice guys but they stick to the rules :( The truth is We all want the most power and speed but still pass!

2 live
17-11-2005, 13:55
if it revs to 7200 its def been mapped. its probly throwin a loada fuel in to produce the power, but too much to pass the emissions if u know wot i mean.

new ecu from reno will be dear i would imagine, although a cloned std chip could be used to bring it back down, also have the added bonus of being able to swap back after testing time hehe

lights shouldnt be too much of a prob, and a new set of springs are pretty dear from reno too.

northy
17-11-2005, 16:10
if you want a chip - ask flaming monkey for a copy of his original standard williams one very nicely.

im sure he can help

FlamingMonkey
17-11-2005, 16:13
Hmm I haven't got a copy of the original map, Wayne didn't give me one, he just overwrote the one in there, did 2live get one, I could copy his if he has?

You would need to solder it to the main ECU though, mioght be worth asking Mat Brwon also if he has a full selaed ECU to sell maybe?

northy
17-11-2005, 16:14
did he - no 2live got his original chip back.

FlamingMonkey
17-11-2005, 16:34
did he - no 2live got his original chip back.

Nope no original for me, unfortnatly, I could copy 2lives though I imagine.

NickFr
17-11-2005, 17:22
Would appreciate the help with the Chip....deffo want to keep the one that is in there for after MOT time :twisted:

Andyvalver
17-11-2005, 17:53
Slip the fookers a tenna to pass it mate lol. Mine passed with a de-cat :wink:

2 live
17-11-2005, 21:56
yeah i got mine back.will dig it out n u can run a copy off for nick, i reckon if his has been chippied, it mite have the clip thing in that mine has, i.e no need to solder to swap chips.

NickFr
17-11-2005, 22:41
2 Live you are right about the fuel, I reckon that I get around 18-20MPG and if driven at a constant 75-80MPH on autoroute about 23-25MPG.

I am a TREE Killer :oops: :shock:

Seriously would love to know what the BHP is at the Moment :P

Might be cheaper to run a Cessna jet!

kj16v
17-11-2005, 23:04
18-20?! Sure it hasn't got a cheeky turbo hidden away somewhere? :)

Flaming Monkey Which EPROM did use to copy the original?

FlamingMonkey
18-11-2005, 10:34
18-20?! Sure it hasn't got a cheeky turbo hidden away somewhere? :)

Flaming Monkey Which EPROM did use to copy the original?

Not sure what you mean mate? I haven't copied the original yet, 2live is giving me his original chip and I will be copying that?