PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Guys? Fancy some go-karting? Read on...

bammargera
17-11-2005, 00:22
Hey guys, was just wanting to know if there is any interest on getting a little meet on to go go-karting at Raceland karting centre, where I work?

Will ask one of the lads at work if it would be possible to get a slight discount but I dunno if that will work, but worth a shot. Just wondering af anyone is up for it, just give me some names and ill get some prices up for yous.

There are numerous events that can be done there as they have quite a large complex including the 930metre international outdoor track, where you get upto 70mph down the straight. I think we can do events, meaning practise, qualifying, then a final for about £45 a head, but that is what I think it is but will get prices up tomorrow and options we can take.
Or we could do 2 x 10 minute practise shots for £25 a head but the full race event is better value for money as these sessions take about 2 hours to complete.

More details can be found at http://www.raceland.co.uk/

As I said before, just note down your name if you would be interested then we could get it all organised. There is also a topic in the meets section but thought i would get more views in here.

Cheers Mark

williams-3
17-11-2005, 10:06
hi mark yeh i'd be up for this - only prob is its freezing at nights now so outdoors might not be a good idea , too cold :oops:

bammargera
17-11-2005, 12:58
well they now have the new indoor karts so that would be good, we were using them last night for the Staff GP and they are really good. Got one of the fastest laps last night, quickest being 16.09 and I had a 16.17 :D Will need to ask Tom when they will be getting used with the public but im sur eit will be in the next week, just a few tweeks to be done to get them tip top.

The new Karts are Sodi 200cc, 6.5hp engines with lighter chassis', wet clutches, exhaust systems, brake lights, non-throttle/braking mechanism as well, they are really good karts that just seem to grip and grip. We could also do that saves getting cold but it would be a lot of fun in the cold, well ice and see who can drift them the longest :D

We will have to see what other people want to do, cause if we cant get the numbers we can always just book a double practise session either indoor or outdoor so we can have 40 mins.

Cheers Mark

stew
17-11-2005, 18:15
why is this posted in 2 sections?

pain in the arse. i replied in the local meets section, where it should really be! :wink:

anyway im thinking it would be better for a warmer time of year. spring/summer. ive got far too much on b4 xmas so would have to be in the new year!

good thinking though mark! 8) defo should be done at some point!

bammargera
18-11-2005, 00:08
Just posted in here stu cause there wasnt many people viewing it, thought I would put on up in here aswell to increase interest and hopefully get a better turnout too, sorry :(

stew
18-11-2005, 01:21
no worries mate. :D seems like not many people are up 4 it though! :(

we need another edin meet b4 xmas im thinking! :)

vts_saxo
18-11-2005, 19:08
Its a good idea mark i am up for it. The next meet could be at a pub or something?? Tesco's will be freezing at the moment.

colin