PDA

View Full Version : Wheel refurbs

big hp
17-11-2005, 00:12
Think this is one for 2 live.........

How much do pro clean charge and would you recommend them?

Who does everyone else recommend?

I PM'd Fred on monday but he has yet to come back with answers to my questions.

Need 1 wheel refurbed after accident but obviously need to get all 4 done to match.

bigjim
17-11-2005, 00:26
williams-3 had his done at a place called fred the tread and his are mint. they are based in milton keynes iirc.

williams-3
17-11-2005, 10:03
yeh can give you the number

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/mugen-jordan/DSC01346.jpg

willy3
17-11-2005, 10:16
don't suppose any one knows of someone who refurbs wheels around scotland, north o england area...

williams-3
17-11-2005, 10:50
would imagine they'll be sum1 Glasgow area - i'm ouside Edinburgh and there's a couple of places that powdercoat / refurb wheels .

willy3
17-11-2005, 13:05
i'm in dumfries and galloway wasn't really wanting to go too far but if anyone can recommend someone good i would make the trip :D

2 live
17-11-2005, 14:04
they were £35 a rim when i had mine done, think they may be £40 now tho not sure tbh. tis 2 years since i had mine done

and would i recommend them??........definately, colour is bang on, price is cheap, finish was quite good, could have been better but i spose u could always ask em to take a bit more time with em if u wanted minty mint finish, theyv stood up well to the abuse theyv seen over the last 2 years, only bit of flaking is where the mrs kerbed it ages ago.

Fatwilly
17-11-2005, 14:11
I would be interested if there are any places in Scotland that do wheels...I dont mind travelling (Aviemore based)..

J o n
17-11-2005, 14:12
ages ago? not what Karen said to me Jon! ;) lol

in fact, I think she said "if I go on a trip somewhere it's been pointless if a wheel hasn't been curbed"

smokey
17-11-2005, 15:11
I'm also looking to get my Prima alloys refurb'd in white with a polished rim.
We should see if we can get a group refurb discount somewhere :wink:

Mattie
17-11-2005, 15:26
i need 2 refurb my gold willy wheels, then i need 2 get 2 more sets so i can have 1 set black and 1 set white all with polishd rim! :twisted:

gona do mine my self though!....well give it a try anyway :?

willy3
17-11-2005, 15:52

would be a good idea the only thing is finding a place to suit all.... don't fancy the cost off posting them

BRUN
17-11-2005, 17:17
i'm in dumfries and galloway

its your local coppers who gave me my NIP !

big hp
17-11-2005, 19:22
yeh can give you the number

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/mugen-jordan/DSC01346.jpg

They look spot on mate. where were they done?????

Found a company near me in Woburn that guarantees a spot on job, they're going to get back to me with a price.

bigjim
17-11-2005, 20:48
his were done fred the tread number is in his previous post above. this place has a agent in falkirk ive got the number as i emailed them about a refurb. will post it up when i can be arsed to find it. :wink:

big hp
17-11-2005, 20:51
his were done fred the tread number is in his previous post above. this place has a agent in falkirk ive got the number as i emailed them about a refurb. will post it up when i can be arsed to find it. :wink:

Thats the company i've found. LOL

Daz.
18-11-2005, 19:37
How much do pro clean charge and would you recommend them?

Noooo! they sucked big time took em 3 times to do mine and still didn't fix the bent one properly, plus the polished lip was a joke had to autosol em to death to look any good at all!

Tommo
21-11-2005, 11:15
It's hit and miss with Proclean, some people have had bad experiences with them, others have been pleased with the results. Personally I would recommend them, spot on match, friendly staff, £40 a wheel with polished lip and done in a day.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Tommo2/Williams%2009-09-05/ProcleanWheel.jpg

Daz.
21-11-2005, 16:35
[quote="Tommo"]It's hit and miss with Proclean, some people have had bad experiences with them, others have been pleased with the results. Personally I would recommend them, spot on match, friendly staff, £40 a wheel with polished lip and done in a day.

shame they pick and choose who that is then!

out of curiosity did you leave your car with them? they seem to care alot more about those customers than ones that just drop their wheels off... by the way that polished lip looks a thousand time better than mine did - any of the 3 attempts they made!

NickFr
21-11-2005, 17:57
One of my front wheels has a BADLY damaged Rim, lots of quite deep pitting....would this still be repairable?

big hp
21-11-2005, 18:06
I'll have to give them a ring. if they can do them in a day it might be worth the long drive up. Just so long as they get it right on the day. LOL

Tommo
21-11-2005, 18:11
[quote=Tommo]It's hit and miss with Proclean, some people have had bad experiences with them, others have been pleased with the results. Personally I would recommend them, spot on match, friendly staff, £40 a wheel with polished lip and done in a day.

out of curiosity did you leave your car with them? they seem to care alot more about those customers than ones that just drop their wheels off... by the way that polished lip looks a thousand time better than mine did - any of the 3 attempts they made!

Yeah true, my mate in work had his done last week and they aren't as good as mine, seems strange that some are better then others, they seem to be very inconsistant! I did leave my car with them, whereas my mate didn't, he dropped his wheels off!

Daz.
21-11-2005, 19:17
[quote=Tommo]It's hit and miss with Proclean, some people have had bad experiences with them, others have been pleased with the results. Personally I would recommend them, spot on match, friendly staff, £40 a wheel with polished lip and done in a day.

Yeah true, my mate in work had his done last week and they aren't as good as mine, seems strange that some are better then others, they seem to be very inconsistant! I did leave my car with them, whereas my mate didn't, he dropped his wheels off!

Exactly why there shit then, there was a willy in there the day I picked mine up last year, I got told its hard work doing these wheels with the lip etc... so why were the other guys willy wheels looking twice as good as mine?

You'll be lucky if they answer the phone mate, You have to actually knock on the door to get an answer!

Mattie
21-11-2005, 22:04
One of my front wheels has a BADLY damaged Rim, lots of quite deep pitting....would this still be repairable?

got any pics mate?....

u cd just have the rim re-cut i suppose

smokey
24-11-2005, 16:59

would be a good idea the only thing is finding a place to suit all.... don't fancy the cost off posting them

www.parcels2go.com will let you send them for £18ish