PDA

View Full Version : passenger side central locking

ian711
16-11-2005, 17:30
i've got a willy 2,
when you press the remote central locking, the drivers door locks but the passenger door doesnt....
strange thing is if i then unlock it, using the remote, lock and then unlock the passenger the side with the key, and then use the remote central locking, the whole car locks.. :?
any help would be much appreciated

worrying thing is i'm not sure how long the passenger side hasnt been locking :shock:

fab
16-11-2005, 18:52
Hiya.
do you have the factory fitted alarm?not that it should make any difference with the central locking but just to know for reference.
Mines acting up aswell.Do all doors lock if you press the door lock button in the cabin?
Could be relay but i'm no sure.

ian711
17-11-2005, 09:47
yeah i've got a cobra alarm, which i assume is the standard one, altho i dont have the key for the part under the bonnet to turn the alarm off for one you disconnect the battery :evil:
yeah the whole car locks if you press the locking button inside the car.

fab
17-11-2005, 12:55
Logic would tell you that if all the doors lock/unlock with the button in the cabin then the central locking modules and relays are working correctly.

Have you replaced the battery on the remote?

Is the car battery fully charged and giving the correct output?I think the alarm is connected directly to the battery.

Mine started acting up after I needed a jump start.

Find that key.Your gonna need it.

ian711
17-11-2005, 14:20
tried it 2day and now it works fine...
it's very odd.

when i bought the car the key was missing altho i didnt know until i went to undo the battery and nearly lost hearing in my right ear!!!
cant get hold of another one from renault or cobra but cobra did say if i take the barrel out i can get another one cut by a locksmith, do you know if thats hard to do??
thanks for your help mate.