16-11-2005, 13:24
http://www.theregister.com/2005/11/15/vehicle_movement_database/

This does not look good for ol' blighty ..... :evil:

Willy 2
16-11-2005, 13:37
This country is F##ked. End of.

Andyvalver
16-11-2005, 13:55
Thats wank. Theres gonna be one of those camera's every 1/4 mile on motorways :twisted:

Jamie.
16-11-2005, 16:08
i think thats bull shit tbh, something that extreme which will cost billions of pounds for a government allready out of favour!? the sheer cost of that project would just be too gr8. when i system came in like that it really would prob stop ppl breaking rd traffic laws and i think that is not the best result for the police as they just make too much god damn money off rd go'ers.

Swervin_Mervin
16-11-2005, 16:24
The database does exist. I know of people that have worked on it. Whether it will be used like that is another matter. Thst's just what a top cock in the police wants.

It would cost an unbelievably large sum to put that up on every motorway.

Mooseman
16-11-2005, 16:28
billions of pounds? have to disagree there mate. if they can produce cheaper verions of the current cameras, it ain't impossible. I hope its bullshit, as much as the next guy. have a think for a second how much the police/government make every year from speeding fines alone ... that plus some more investment and they have a system that is not only completely achievable with current technology, but also would provide yet more income, so for them, is a safe investment of funds. it wreaks of big brother so much it makes me feel sick. current speeding cameras have developed a lot even in the last 2/3 years so this could be the next step ... :cry:

Swervin_Mervin
16-11-2005, 16:33
It would be more than billions mate, trust me.

Lunner
16-11-2005, 16:49
Its not just teh cost of the cameras, its hte costof the labour to big the holes and concrete in the posts,a nd teh posts, looking at hundreds per camera just for teh post and fitting.

guys working on teh motorway get paid shit loads, its a dangerious job

Mooseman
16-11-2005, 16:55
current cameras I know cost £20,000 to buy and install. yeah, not cheap agreed. tbh whatever it costs, millions, billions, trillions, i'm more concerned about what is happening to this place - even if this does not happen next year, which i can't see happening, it might well happen in a few years. good thing i'll hopefully be long gone from this island of power crazy police by then :lol:

Swervin_Mervin
16-11-2005, 16:58
I agree. It could be a slow creep.

I think SPECS costs between 50-100k doesn't it? Normal scameras are nearer 10k now I think.

As long as I've moved away by then I don't care. France still looks appealing.