PDA

View Full Version : Taking longer to start up...and knocking noise.

Illusion
16-11-2005, 13:18
Guys for the last 2 days the Willy is taking longer to start-up, and the exhaust it making a knocking noise which seems to be making to gear box move around alot.

Does it sound like I might need new gear box mounts. I'm just trying to remember when I last replaced the leads and plugs...must be about a year now.

Ian

dannyt
16-11-2005, 15:56
Yer mine takes a little loner until she turns over in the morning too mate, hope it's not the starter!

Think it might be the cold mornings!

Danny

BRUN
17-11-2005, 09:32
the knocking if its from the front will more than likely be the down pipe against the gearbox mount

Illusion
17-11-2005, 10:39
The knocking is definately from the rear, gets worse when someone sits in the back.

Took a little longer for it to startup again thismorning, the rest of the day it seems like normal, so maybe it's down to the cold weather...?

Coops
17-11-2005, 18:58
how low is ur willy? it standard? cuz my valver is well low and i got that knockin and its the bend in the exhaust that goes over the suspension bar not lining up right and fouling on the bar!!! sorted it by using industrial tie-tags to hold exhaust solid at rear box so it no longer wobbles n knocks!!!cheaper than uprated bushes!!!and ajustable n all in a way!hehe!

Coops

BRUN
17-11-2005, 19:19
any pics mate of where you have tied and what

katbloke
17-11-2005, 22:16
mine does the same but its the tail pipe touching the rear valance toying with a shifty around and maybe a new dog none mount thingy

Coops
19-11-2005, 14:09
any pics mate of where you have tied and what
sorry mate, not at the mo! never took any n now my whole exhaust is off in an attempt to cure it properly!!

basically i just stuck it round the final hangar on the rear of the back box, left the rubber on n just tightened it as far as it wud go! kept slippin tho when hit big bumps n wud have to get out of car and realign exhaust again so far from ideal but better than bangin all the time!!!

Coops