PDA

View Full Version : Nearly spun/crashed the valver last night

Andyvalver
16-11-2005, 13:15
Was only goin round an island at about 30 lol. The back just stepped out and caught me by suprise. I had to wack a load of opposite lock on only to be flung the other way sideways to wack the more opposite lock on the other way before hitting the brakes in a straight line to stop me hitting the curb lol. It would of been the slowest crash in the world but it jusr shows that conditions are changing now winter is almost here. I know that island like the back of my hand too and the car wasnt even warm enough to thrash.

Everbody drive safe in the winter months :P

J o n
16-11-2005, 13:20
conditions my arse, stay off the juice ;) lol

one of my mates is a terrible driver, Sy was showing me where Ash crashed last night and it was ridiculous... okay, he was a fairly inexperienced driver at the time, but to hit a lamp post at under 10mph (no, thats not a typo for 100mph... lol) turning right into another road... the road also happened to be furkin' massive

Andyvalver
16-11-2005, 13:26
conditions my arse, stay off the juice ;) lol

Nah mate lol. Tbh i dont think i was going quick enough. It was like when you let off mid corner :shock: I was just warming up the car so i was tootling about in 5th. Not enough power on the exit is what caused it i think, along with the damp/moist road last night.

Mattie
16-11-2005, 15:04
winter = less thrashing :evil:

Craig
16-11-2005, 15:53
definitely, winter and rain = drive steady!

i spun my old valver on a roundabout doing about 20mph once! ended up facing an ambulance and 3 lanes of traffic! ambulance man was just laughing at me

Andyvalver
16-11-2005, 17:16
definitely, winter and rain = drive steady!

Agreed :P but as soon as its dry or sunny.. :twisted:

VIPERONE
16-11-2005, 17:44
its particularly bad on urban roads, where a mixture of oil, leaves ice and rain can ruin any day..

find a wet empty carpark and use it as a skid pan, practising recovering back end skips

Andyvalver
16-11-2005, 17:52
find a wet empty carpark and use it as a skid pan, practising recovering back end skips

Thats the best advise ive ever had from a copper :P Nice one, might try it.

Zollo
16-11-2005, 17:53

If only all Coppers were as understanding towards this type of behaviour mate, then I would. Unfortunately you'd get chucked out of any car park round this way within a couple of minutes, no matter how quiet it was :x

Mind you, as long as you don't hang around for too long, a RWD banger and a wet round-about under the cover of midnight darkness is always a good bet for learning car control...........

northy
16-11-2005, 18:08

If only all Coppers were as understanding towards this type of behaviour mate, then I would. Unfortunately you'd get chucked out of any car park round this way within a couple of minutes, no matter how quiet it was :x

Mind you, as long as you don't hang around for too long, a RWD banger and a wet round-about under the cover of midnight darkness is always a good bet for learning car control...........

Mmmm granada

Mattie
16-11-2005, 18:46
its particularly bad on urban roads, where a mixture of oil, leaves ice and rain can ruin any day..

find a wet empty carpark and use it as a skid pan, practising donuts, reverse donuts and hand brake turns!

:P

2 live
16-11-2005, 21:59
hehe.bin caught a few times practisin my skid control in me younger days....coppers that caught were usually quite taken aback when i explained i was growing my driving skills thru practisin, 1 even let me carry on lol.