PDA

View Full Version : Brick Wall

Coops
16-11-2005, 00:05
okay, the pissin haynes has been lobbed out in the rain for being bloody useless!!!! 'remove bolts, slide off throttle body' i've f*&£%*g done that and the damn thing is stuck on the bracket at the alternator end, little tiny breather pipe fouls n i cant get the damn thing off!!!

this got me thinking, do i need to take the thing off yet? or can i leave the manifold and throttle body on, undo the down pipe and head bolts and have the lot off???? am not sure of the steps to gettin the head off, having decided to leave the engine in! am guessin chock the engine up on summit and remove top engine mount then loose both belts? then what? anything else need taking off or shud the lot come apart then?!!!

HELP!!!!!

damn my boldness, rippin bits off here and there,thinkin all will be well!!!hehe!!

Coops

Lunner
16-11-2005, 00:34
I can only go on what i know from teh F3P engine, but as long as you disconnect the fuel lines and throttle cable etc you can leave teh TB on.

As for leaving the engine in, just jack u wiht a bit of wood under the sump and that will hold the einge up in position when you remove the o/s mount

Coops
16-11-2005, 00:56
cheers fella! am on the case tomos!! i already got the injectors n shite off and lossened the tb completely, so i'll try whippin the rest off tomos!!

Coops
16-11-2005, 01:33
oh and how do i know if my cam belt is okay? or shud i just change it anyway, and if i do, do i wanna do the idler and tensioner pulleys at the same time and another if, is it engine out job?!

cheers people!

Coops

Willy 2
16-11-2005, 01:44
What up Coop!?

If your doing the head gasket, you'll be doing manifold gasket and others...well you should be! Whilst your there is defo worth replacing the Cam Belt while your there as for £30 odd quid or whatever it is for a new one you cant not do it. Peace of mind if anything.

People recommend ou do both idle and tensioner pulley at this time too.

I believe its not an engine out job for this, but im sure it will be tight as you like!

I had my engine out to do the gearbox, cambelt, powersteering pump and a few other bits cos it seemed like a good idea at the time. Was a bit of a bitch to be fair.

Hope that helps. :)

2 live
16-11-2005, 10:35
head will come off with inlet manifold still attatched no probs

in fact i find it easier to leave it on, pull it off when ythe heads off.the nut at the p/s pump end is a rite bitch to do......oh......also modified me manifold to give clearance there too, as puttin it on when the heads fitted it catches there.